What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL Pre-Season Challenge - Week 2 & WCC

no name

Coach
McInness needs to just concentrate on running and putting his head in the wrong place in defence.

I’ll preface this with “it’s only a trial, you can’t draw conclusions based only on trial performance”…

BUT…

This looks like a game between two bottom 8 teams.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That was embarrassing.
If this game was a dome.

Cringeman Man GIF - Cringeman Cringe Man GIFs

Frailty

First Grade
Fox commentators discussing the Bulldogs’ attacking issues as a halfback issue whilst ignoring that Burton is a plug and useless in the 6 jersey. Their attack looked better when Sexton and the reserves came on the field.

This Year?

Immortal
My take on today's trials.

Rabbitohs v Roosters: Roosters middles absolutely monstered their opposition. Moriarty very crafty hooker. Really sad to see a Saints legend Morris doing well for another club , but happy for him to be doing so. Souths had no real standouts. Felt sorry for ol' mate who had his nose bent.

Bulldogs v Sharks:
Bulldogs seem to have a bit of buzz about them this season, but I'm really not sold on their front row. Taaffe had a shocker. I think both their edges are where their strengths are, but overall still a work in progress.
Sharks were shit by their standards but still good enough to win.

Trials always asks more questions than give answers which is exciting and frustrating as well.

Last edited:
My take on today's trials.

Rabbitohs v Roosters: Roosters middles absolutely monstered their opposition. Moriarty very crafty hooker. Really sad to see a Saints legend Morris doing well for another club , but happy for him to be doing so. Souths had no real standouts. Felt sorry for ol' mate who had his nose bent.

Bulldogs v Sharks:
Bulldogs seem to have a bit of buzz about them this season, but I'm really not sold on their front row. Taaffe had a shocker. I think both their edges are where their strengths are, but overall still a work in progress.
Sharks were shit by their standards but still good enough to win.

Trials always asks more questions than give answers which is exciting and frustrating as well.
100% and as results mean nothing, coaches focus in on what they want to see.from their side and smart ones show absolutely nothing about how they intend to play leading into the competition.

sharks defence has been a problem for a few years, no surprise to me tgat was a defence orintated shitshow.

Read a review on the Fox Sports website of the Roosters game (I did weatch the game on Fox Sports myself).

News Ltd could not help themselves by saying how the depleted sides made abit of a mockery of the pre-season challenge and how the rules for next season should be tweaked to avoid such depleted teams. I mean yeah, lets make the teams going to Vegas play the week before they are due to play in the US. Talk about stupid.

Whilst there are games being played in Vegas, it will happen for all teams involved that year as what that columnist was saying ignores practical realities.