What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R11 MAGIC Sat - Gold Coast 24-28 Newcastle @ Suncorp

Round 11: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Im open to the bunker having an angle not shown on the coverage, and that angle showing a clear lost ball but based on footage shown on tv broadcast you couldnt possibly think that overturning the live call is justified unless you're an IBM level simpleton
Doesn’t make sense to keep these not shown angles secret though?

nick87

Coach
Doesn’t make sense to keep these not shown angles secret though?
No it doesnt, but we've seen that before where for what ever reason annesley shows up on monday with a not before seen angle that gives better clarity of the incident so im just making room for that possibility... because without it, its a very strange decision

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
How long do people think Kelly's hand is?

View attachment 88139

giphy.gif

Woody90

Juniors
I actually feel a little sorry for Knights fans here. You can’t seriously get any enjoyment about having the game handed to you when you didn’t deserve to win.

Yeah nah. We enjoy any wins we can get at the moment.

Was an obvious knock on though. The commentary was blowing up because they wanted a grandstand finish and people generally like the Titans. If that try was awarded against the Raiders you’d hit the roof and you know it.

skeepe

Immortal
How long do people think Kelly's hand is?

View attachment 88139
Ah, but from the start of last season, this was introduced:

Grounding the Ball​

Tries will now be awarded if the ball rotates from the hand to the wrist or forearm provided there is no obvious separation between the ball and the hand or arm. The new interpretation will allow further clarity for officials when adjudicating grounding.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/12/no-new-rules-for-2023-season/amp/

If you can tell me with a straight face that the camera angles we saw showed obvious separation, I suggest you’re a liar.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Yeah nah. We enjoy any wins we can get at the moment.

Was an obvious knock on though. The commentary was blowing up because they wanted a grandstand finish and people generally like the Titans. If that try was awarded against the Raiders you’d hit the roof and you know it.
I hate Titans, very much. Like pineapple on pizza hate.
I don’t like Knights but I suffer them.

It was a try.

Apey

Staff member
Ah, but from the start of last season, this was introduced:

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/12/no-new-rules-for-2023-season/amp/

If you can tell me with a straight face that the camera angles we saw showed obvious separation, I suggest you’re a liar.
That rule applies in the case of a grounding, i.e the hand/arm is on top of the ball. It makes no sense with the hand/arm beside the ball, because then there is no grounding. You can't ground a ball by just having your wrist/arm maintain contact with the side of the ball.

The whole second half.
It was completely awful but there no go in them at all. Seemed like they wanted to grind it out. They aren’t a grinding side, their defence isn’t good enough for it.
Hard to argue with this. When they actually threw it around they made inroads and scored. They played to not lose, but threw a few silly mistakes in on that.

Rod

Bench
In the lead up to the try Kelly passed off the ground and then Verrills knocked on and neither were called, so let's call it even.

If we want to talk robbery I notice there isn't nearly as much scrutiny about Sutton going back a whole tackle for a penalty (which wasn't even a penalty) before the Titans' third try. Fairly sure that's not allowed for in the rules.

no name

Coach
In the lead up to the try Kelly passed off the ground and then Verrills knocked on and neither were called, so let's call it even.

If we want to talk robbery I notice there isn't nearly as much scrutiny about Sutton going back a whole tackle for a penalty (which wasn't even a penalty) before the Titans' third try. Fairly sure that's not allowed for in the rules.
Plenty of dud calls.
Hetherington not being binned.
Schoupp being binned for his first offence for the game, holding Hastings shirt because Hastings held his.
Hastings being binned.
Sutton was terrible.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade

I thought live I’m not accepting Knights fans claiming that’s passed off the ground. Knights were dragging him towards touch, if it’s fair game for that it’s fair game to pass.

Latest posts