What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R8 Thu - St Geo Illa 18-60 Sydney @ Allianz

Round 8: St Geo Illa v Sydney

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pressure starting to build on the Roosters. Expect some serious window slamming from Robbo. O'brien will be on site.

Dragons getting a bit of self-belief. $2.58 outsiders on Sportsbet. You'd be tempted.
Not only that I’m sure the Flanagan’s would love to make a point about young Flanno being told he was no longer needed.

Don’t know if they’ll get a square up on ANZAC day but I’d love to see it for the lol’s.

Oh and for some Karen Robinson banging on the window.

Fangs

Coach
Not only that I’m sure the Flanagan’s would love to make a point about young Flanno being told he was no longer needed.

Don’t know if they’ll get a square up on ANZAC day but I’d love to see it for the lol’s.

Just needs to do the basics right the Dragons have Hunt. If Flanno scores the winner then drinks are on the Roosters.

And who doesn't get a rise from watching Robbo slam the glass? One of the great sights in Rugby League.

Valheru

Coach

Kyle already has a victory against the roosters in 2022 at the dogs

GongPanther

Referee
Both sides have collectively come into form over the past few rounds which bides well for a very anticipated match up.

I just find that the Roosters at the Sydney Football Stadium will feel at home rather than the Dragons who are usually pretty good at home in Wollongong.

Roosters by 28-16.

Woody90

Juniors
Both sides have collectively come into form over the past few rounds which bides well for a very anticipated match up.

I just find that the Roosters at the Sydney Football Stadium will feel at home rather than the Dragons who are usually pretty good at home in Wollongong.

Roosters by 28-16.

If this is the Roosters in form they’d probably be pretty concerned.

I think they win this one though. Dragons were great last week but not sure they have the consistency.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'm picking the Rorters just because I'm not as sold on all this talk about the Dragons being on the up as the media seem to be. They are improving slowly, but the Chooks have to be far more desperate right now. If the Drags win this, suddenly it's true panic stations in Bondi.

GongPanther

Referee
Starting Thursday through 'till Sunday, how much fun it will be to watch a team with completely different playing strips. It'll be like watching Super League.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Nope. The Roosters Anzac jersey is the same design the club wore during the latter years in WW2, and specifically in 1945 when they won the comp that year. Striped jerseys were prohibited due to war time rationing. That design was adopted due to lack of available materials for the original jersey design, and the cost involved.

As such, bar the sponsor logos, it is exactly the same as that used in 1944, 1945 and 1946. They reverted to the original "tricolour" look in 1947.
Less blue dye due to the rations, hence the lighter blue. I love the nod to history with the roosters jersey.

Red V augmented with red poppies is a class design too.

All rhe best roosters, but you're looking down the barrel at a heavy loss coming your way.

I can see the Roosters up by a small margin at half time only for the Dragons to come out and pump the shit out of them in the second half.

32-8

I heard Paul Kent is skiting about “knowing” about “someone” that has placed a moollion dollary-doo’s on the Roosters winning.

I’m wishing Paul Kent’s imaginary friend all the best with his imaginary wager.

IMG_5692.jpeg

Grapple

Bench
How good is that St George jersey? Oh my! :D Really great balance, very classy. Well done to whoever designed that.

Personally I think when Dragons wear all red with the white V it's the best combo in the NRL.

Such a great day for footy.
Expecting a close one either way.

Lest we forget.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
How good is that St George jersey? Oh my! :D Really great balance, very classy. Well done to whoever designed that.

Personally I think when Dragons wear all red with the white V it's the best combo in the NRL.

Such a great day for footy.
Expecting a close one either way.

Lest we forget.

Roosters one is always cool too, the history behind it.

Lest we forget