What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R3 Fri - Sydney 48-6 South Sydney @ Allianz

Round 3: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Download or read 'The Front Row' match programme HERE

NRL 2024 - Round 3
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park / Gadigal, Moore Park (TICKETS)

Friday 22 March 2024
NRL kickoff 8:05pm

Broadcast live on Nine, 9Now, Fox, Kayo.

SYDNEY2024.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 4. Joseph Manu 5. Dominic Young 6. Sandon Smith 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Nat Butcher 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley 14. Connor Watson 15. Naufahu Whyte 16. Terrell May 17. Angus Crichton 18. Michael Jennings 19. Egan Butcher 20. Billy Smith 21. Zach Dockar-Clay 22. Siua Wong

Out: Luke Keary (five-eighth)
In: Connor Watson (bench), Angus Crichton (bench), Michael Jennings (bench), Egan Butcher (bench), Billy Smith (reserve), Zach Dockar-Clay (reserve)
Changes: Terrell May (front row to bench), Siua Wong (second row to reserve), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (bench to front row), Sandon Smith (bench to five-eighth), Nat Butcher (bench to second row)

SOUTHSYDNEY2024.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Jack Wighton 4. Isaiah Tass 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Dean Hawkins 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Davvy Moale 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jacob Host 13. Cameron Murray 14. Siliva Havili 15. Tallis Duncan 16. Sean Keppie 17. Thomas Burgess 18. Michael Chee Kam 19. Lachlan Ilias 20. Shaquai Mitchell 21. Peter Mamouzelos 22. Richard Kennar

In: Jack Wighton (centre), Dean Hawkins (halfback), Jacob Host (second row), Michael Chee-Kam (bench), Peter Mamouzelos (reserve)
Changes: Richard Kennar (centre to reserve), Lachlan Ilias (halfback to bench), Sean Keppie (front row to bench), Shaq Mitchell (second row to reserve), Davvy Moale (bench to front row)

A-REF-BW-2023TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Wyatt Raymond
Video Referee: Adam Gee

---

H2H since 1908: 231 matches, Sydney 106 Souths 120, drawn 5
Allianz (2022): 3 matches, Sydney 2 Souths 1
Last met: 2023 R27 - Sydney 26-12, Accor

Biggest wins:
Sydney 62-0 (1996, R6 at SFS)
Souths 60-8 (2020, R20 at ANZ)

Next game:
R4: Sydney v Penrith, Allianz
R4: Souths v Canterbury, Accor​

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Interesting to see what Souths bring to this.

They have every reason to come out firing but things don't seem quite right there at the moment.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think most people not even roosters fans are enjoying this slow implosion of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Its not curtains at 0-3 but gee its a hard climb back if they don't win this week even with the tough draw they have had.

Price you pay for wanting to be a glamour club i suppose. Have to play big boys early.

gerg

Juniors
Roosters will crush them through the middle unless someone in that Rabbitohs pack actually has a go.

yobbo84

First Grade
This could set an NRL record for most handling errors in a single match.

Watching the Roosters yesterday I thought, gees, if our left side was in form we'd destroy the Roosters right edge.

The problem is not a single one of them is in form. Except for Sir Cameron Murray.

yobbo84

First Grade
Also a quiet F U to the Roosters for once again charging $90 per ticket for the Souths Supporters bay, situated between the goal line and dead ball line.

But given they'll probably sell out I guess they're right, it just sucks how expensive footy matches are nowadays.

yobbo84

First Grade
Battle of the clueless halfbacks and washed five eighths.
Both Souths' halves have sucked. Ilias has been dropped, Cody probably should've been dropped first but he has the runs on the board so gets a stay of execution.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Also a quiet F U to the Roosters for once again charging $90 per ticket for the Souths Supporters bay, situated between the goal line and dead ball line.

But given they'll probably sell out I guess they're right, it just sucks how expensive footy matches are nowadays.
Its expensive no doubt but with crowds at record numbers and demand is high atm clubs are going to inflate the prices.

Most games in Sydney are sellouts atm. So prices aren't turning people away.

Jackie Treehorn

Juniors

Yeah the pricing is getting ridiculous. 90 bucks used to be what you’d expect to pay for a finals game not so long ago. Seems ridiculous for a regular season game in a seat behind the goalposts.

skeepe

Immortal

When I was a penniless uni student living in Glebe, the Roosters were the cheapest team to watch. Just $5 for a student ticket!

Souths were pretty good too at $8 to be fair. I’m pretty sure I was at the SFS almost every week.

yobbo84

First Grade
When I was a penniless uni student living in Glebe, the Roosters were the cheapest team to watch. Just $5 for a student ticket!

Souths were pretty good too at $8 to be fair. I’m pretty sure I was at the SFS almost every week.
I mean I get it. Supply and demand. That bay is sold out so obviously there's thousands willing to pay it.

And if I were just me I'd pay the $90.

But for a family (I have 3 kids all keen to go)... plus travel, food etc, it's not justifiable.

Now on the other hand, for $90 I could:

* Pay for Parking at Darling Harbour
* Watch Dune: Part Two in the new IMAX in a Recliner
* Buy a Large Popcorn and Coke

... and have $20 in my pocket after all that.

Ignore concerts because one-off events are always going to cost more. Especially when they're once-every-5-to-10-year events.

This is a weekly competition.

The prices are NOT competitive to alternate forms of entertainment.

It's the reason I just get our season tickets and only go to home games these days, despite living in Sydney.

Valheru

Coach
I mean I get it. Supply and demand. That bay is sold out so obviously there's thousands willing to pay it.

And if I were just me I'd pay the $90.

But for a family (I have 3 kids all keen to go)... plus travel, food etc, it's not justifiable.

Now on the other hand, for $90 I could:

* Pay for Parking at Darling Harbour
* Watch Dune: Part Two in the new IMAX in a Recliner
* Buy a Large Popcorn and Coke

... and have $20 in my pocket after all that.

Ignore concerts because one-off events are always going to cost more. Especially when they're once-every-5-to-10-year events.

This is a weekly competition.

The prices are NOT competitive to alternate forms of entertainment.

It's the reason I just get our season tickets and only go to home games these days, despite living in Sydney.
I get what you're saying but for better or worse roosters/souths is not a family event anymore. Friday nights seem to be the order of the day and they are aiming this fixture at adults selling it as a premium event.

If they keep getting 35k plus then that will continue.

yobbo84

First Grade
I get what you're saying but for better or worse roosters/souths is not a family event anymore. Friday nights seem to be the order of the day and they are aiming this fixture at adults selling it as a premium event.

If they keep getting 35k plus then that will continue.
All my kids were at "Sin Bin Sunday" and still talk about how awesome it was to this day. Ironically for that final, in the same bay, the tickets were $90 for a family.

Valheru

Coach
All my kids were at "Sin Bin Sunday" and still talk about how awesome it was to this day. Ironically for that final, in the same bay, the tickets were $90 for a family.
Yeah I do get it but if they can get 35k at $90 a pop on a regular basis made up of mostly adults then all power to them.

There will be plenty of time for families to get good deals at roosters home games with Sunday arvo fixtures against warriors, cowboys, dragons and raiders to come.

Latest posts