What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R9 Fri - Brisbane 18-40 Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 9: Brisbane v Sydney

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
This year, there is a bit of flat track bully in the Broncos. They have a lot of work to do to beat the elites of the comp.

Without Reynolds, that climb is infinitely steeper. They may well be done tonight.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I’ve restricted myself to the NRL section only for my mental health which some might say is only hanging on by a thread at the best of times.

Drinky for blues fullback

I get that mate

anytime you want to come back you’d be welcome

miss ya mate

This Year?

Immortal
I thought it was a great game until Klein injected himself into the contest.
Roosters just seemed like they were more diallled into their plan, while the Broncos understandably panicked after their injuries occured.

colly

Juniors
The Roosters were just too good and we had no respect for the ball. The chooks will be scary when full strength.

Injuries a total nightmare.
I said b4 he joined the Broncos ( at the Warriors) he is 'hit and miss'. More miss than hit!

Apey

Staff member
Dealing with Panthers fans the past 3.5 years, makes me feel sorry for everyone who wasn't a Dragons fan during those 11 straight premierships... their supporters must have just walked around swinging their proverbial dicks to anyone who would listen.. punishing
They were like that on LU in 2010 and that was just one Premiership. Worse than threepeat Panthers fans and that's saying something.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Bicep off the bone oooph

Mr Bean Lol GIF

Broncos just not on the top level of sides in 2024. Their weaknesses have been exploited tonight. They play touch footy and try to score off every play. Could be a long year with Reynolds gone.

They are showing some of the same problems as Mitcehll and Walker at Souths, they get a half chance and go for the big play very time. That's what Walsh and Mam do. When it comes off, ijt leads to great tries, but when it doesn't it can be costly. That's where they will miss Reynolds, he knows enough to when to just get into the grind and when to unleash. Unless Walsh and Mam develop that game managing skills, they will be flash in the pans.

does this mean Sam Walker has 100% win rate against the donkeys?

No. He's played against the Broncos in 8 games winning 7 of them. The onlly time he was in a losing side was in his first game against te Broncos, back in Round 11 of 2021 when the Broncos beat the Roosters 34-16 at the SCG. He's been in the winning time every time he's played against them since.

Last edited:

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Last two weeks showed that there are 2 young fullbacks that the media rave on and on about, but are just that young fullbacks. A big park of the Roosters game was taking their game away from them and neither has the experience or maturity to adapt. A real big lesson for them