What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R9 Sun - Newcastle 14-8 Warriors @ McDonald Jones

Round 9: Newcastle v Warriors

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Warriors

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grapple

Bench
Warriors are a shambles. Boring footy team with no attack, more so since Metcalf went down.

Woody90

Juniors
Something seriously wrong at the Wahs to go down to Titans and Knights with their outs in consecutive weeks.

I’ll happily take another win, especially when nobody gave us a hope of winning a game when Ponga went down, but we’re not good. Tough but not good.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
I think partly it’s just cos we’re running all the same plays again and everyone knows it’s coming.

The other part is Niukore or even Curran were much more threatening than Capewell or Ford playing on the right edge. Teams are having no problems sliding off on to CNK/Berry/DWZ, and when we do go to the front man Capewell/Ford are plodders who don’t threaten the line anyway.
He’s probably too fat now. But when Bunty first come into first grade, he killed it running off SJ on the right edge in attack. Remember him scoring a double against us, yes it was 2016 and we stank - but fella ran a good hole.

Matiunz

Juniors
I think partly it’s just cos we’re running all the same plays again and everyone knows it’s coming.

The other part is Niukore or even Curran were much more threatening than Capewell or Ford playing on the right edge. Teams are having no problems sliding off on to CNK/Berry/DWZ, and when we do go to the front man Capewell/Ford are plodders who don’t threaten the line anyway.
Would have preferred to keep Curran over the Capewell we got

Matiunz

Juniors
Woul

Would have preferred we kept Curran over the Capewell we got

Matiunz

Juniors
Don't know where it's gone? Johnson barely took on the line once, neither did TMM and CNK isn't a playmaker so not sure where your creativity is coming from.
It’s been said SJ is playing injured and wouldn’t be playing if there was literally anyone else but with Metcalf and CHT out there’s not too many options.
TMM looked good against the bunnies then the ball pretty much stopped coming left and it was all through SH since then

Apey

Staff member

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Pretty much confirms what I said - They introduced this as a rule for player safety a few years ago, but they know it's a dumb rule so they refuse to give a penalty try for it.

They don't give penalty tries for tackles in the air, not sure why anyone in here expected they'd start today.
It is a dumb rule, because if Marzhew can't tackle DWZ, he scores untouched. There's my suggestion for a guaranteed try (or penalty) - kick it from close proximity straight to your winger on the 2m line, he leaps towards the try line, other winger can't in theory touch him.

mozza91

Coach
Shout out to the Warriors fans at the game. Were really vocal and started a few Warriors chants. Had a chat with a couple of blokes at half time and they were legends.