What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R9 Thu - South Sydney 12-42 Penrith @ Accor

Round 9: South Sydney v Penrith

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

Coach
It would've helped too if Adam Reynolds' didn't leave his kicking boots at home for the grand final (amirite Broncos fans)

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Obviously you mean 2021 but I don't know why PENRITH fans get so upset by this suggestion.

I don't care what happened before or after but in the paradigm of that specific game and the circumstances of the time, that being the injuries to Penrith and a tight game with Penrith on the back foot for most of it, I find it completely reasonable to be of the view Latrell could have come up with a match winning moment.

I get you guys will have faith your team would have still won but I completely understand souths fans lamenting as well.
A worse fullback doesn't improve Souths

soc123_au

Staff member
Obviously you mean 2021 but I don't know why PENRITH fans get so upset by this suggestion.

I don't care what happened before or after but in the paradigm of that specific game and the circumstances of the time, that being the injuries to Penrith and a tight game with Penrith on the back foot for most of it, I find it completely reasonable to be of the view Latrell could have come up with a match winning moment.

I get you guys will have faith your team would have still won but I completely understand souths fans lamenting as well.
Since he left you guys he has been involved in 1 win against us, winning at the death off 2 arsey Harlem Globetrotter trys. Nathans kicking that night was a 10 out of 10, Latrell would have been looking for a KFC bucket to hide in. As @yobbo84 also mentioned, the tattooed dwarf left his kicking boots at home and Trell makes no difference there. I honestly believe based on other games he has played against us we destroy them that night if he played, a repeat of the Mudgee game earlier in the year where he was unsighted.

Munky

Coach
Latrell disappeared in the 2022 prelim after he ran at Leota who was in big game mode.

Nathan would have exhausted him in the 2021 GF if he had to fetch kicks.

Panther Mike

Juniors

Lol you can mention the ‘what if’ Latrell played and I’ll just say ‘what if’ we hadn’t had several players carrying quite significant injuries?

yobbo84

Coach
LOL @ the team named by Souths against a full-strength starting Panthers 13. Give me strength.

If they want Tallis Duncan to go back to Bondi, they're going the right way about it. 473 injuries and suspension and he's still playing reggies with park footballers. Oh dear.

Nafedogg

Juniors
I’m expecting a bloodbath, that 54 from Melbourne could be dwarfed very quickly. At least JD can’t be blamed anymore.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
LOL @ the team named by Souths against a full-strength starting Panthers 13. Give me strength.

If they want Tallis Duncan to go back to Bondi, they're going the right way about it. 473 injuries and suspension and he's still playing reggies with park footballers. Oh dear.
Not quite full strength. Sorensen is out and Liam Henry as well. Certainly Eisenhuth isn't in our best 17.

skeepe

Immortal
The last time Souths conceded 50 against Melbourne and Penrith in the same season, they made the grand final.

So Souths fans should be cheering long and hard for the Panthers here.

lynx000

Juniors
The last time Souths conceded 50 against Melbourne and Penrith in the same season, they made the grand final.

So Souths fans should be cheering long and hard for the Panthers here.
They aren't making the grand final this year though.

Valheru

Coach
Lol you can mention the ‘what if’ Latrell played and I’ll just say ‘what if’ we hadn’t had several players carrying quite significant injuries?
Well I mentioned those injuries and that's a large part of the reason that I believe in that single game, if the only change to circumstance was Latrell not putting his shoulder through Manu's face then he could have been the X factor.

Valheru

Coach
Bounce back potential after copping 50, first game after coach is sacked and PENRITH kryptonite falling from the sky.

I still can't pick them... Maybe if Latrell was there.

Valheru

Coach
Pretty sure the "teams win the week after the coach is sacked" is a myth
I think from memory it is somewhat a myth but a win in one of the following two games after a coach is sacked is 90% plus.

Drops of water falling from the sky and PENRITH turning to mush is not a myth. The tigers beat them last year in such conditions.

mozza91

Coach
Before sacking JD I’d of said Penrith by 44
Now he’s gone I’ll go Penrith by 42