What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 4 - Vs Bulldogs

callmack1

Staff member
Hohhhhhh. Thank God it's Monday so we can finally dump that awful game last Friday and start looking forward to the next one. Really looking forward to this one as we take on one of our other traditional rivals, the Bulldogs in the annual Good Friday easter showdown. Us and the Dogs is a fierce rivalry. I think fierce is the perfect way to describe it. While it might not have the bitter hatred of say Rabbitohs-Roosters, no doubt there is some genuine dislike between our two clubs, especially between the two fan bases. The rivalry stretches back almost 100 years now and there is a lot of water that has gone under the bridge. Huge games, Finals games, Grand Finals, there's been all sorts of moments over the years.

But the rivalry has really been taken to the next level since 2012 when this traditional Good Friday match was established. Since then, it's always been one to circle on the Calander and one you always look forward to. This week is no different as we come into another Good Friday.

The occasion is made even bigger by the fact that not only is it our first game at home, but it is probably one of the most pressure games we'll ever experience as fans. The club is massively under fire in this one and the heat is on. It's an absolute must-win. If we could somehow get it done, it releases the valve a little and we may be able to kick-start the Season. But lose, and boy oh boy, it's dark days. The Season would just about be over in Round 4.

It's certainly not going to be an easy one. In fact, I think this may be one of the toughest Good Friday challenges we've ever faced. I know they were playing the Titans, but Canterbury looked really good last week, they'll smell blood in the water and will be coming for us. It's a huge game for them too so they'll be up for it.

I just want to see this week become a real 'enough is enough' week. Get some passion, pride back and sort our shit out. We can do this and I'm still behind the boys all the way.

Can't wait to be there! My first ever Souths home game and I'll be sitting in the burrow screaming my lungs out.

Thumper

Juniors
Hohhhhhh. Thank God it's Monday so we can finally dump that awful game last Friday and start looking forward to the next one. Really looking forward to this one as we take on one of our other traditional rivals, the Bulldogs in the annual Good Friday easter showdown. Us and the Dogs is a fierce rivalry. I think fierce is the perfect way to describe it. While it might not have the bitter hatred of say Rabbitohs-Roosters, no doubt there is some genuine dislike between our two clubs, especially between the two fan bases. The rivalry stretches back almost 100 years now and there is a lot of water that has gone under the bridge. Huge games, Finals games, Grand Finals, there's been all sorts of moments over the years.

But the rivalry has really been taken to the next level since 2012 when this traditional Good Friday match was established. Since then, it's always been one to circle on the Calander and one you always look forward to. This week is no different as we come into another Good Friday.

The occasion is made even bigger by the fact that not only is it our first game at home, but it is probably one of the most pressure games we'll ever experience as fans. The club is massively under fire in this one and the heat is on. It's an absolute must-win. If we could somehow get it done, it releases the valve a little and we may be able to kick-start the Season. But lose, and boy oh boy, it's dark days. The Season would just about be over in Round 4.

It's certainly not going to be an easy one. In fact, I think this may be one of the toughest Good Friday challenges we've ever faced. I know they were playing the Titans, but Canterbury looked really good last week, they'll smell blood in the water and will be coming for us. It's a huge game for them too so they'll be up for it.

I just want to see this week become a real 'enough is enough' week. Get some passion, pride back and sort our shit out. We can do this and I'm still behind the boys all the way.

Can't wait to be there! My first ever Souths home game and I'll be sitting in the burrow screaming my lungs out.
We also must remember the bulldogs were the only club to support south’s when they were kicked out of the comp. When south’s had the fundraiser to raise money for the court case the dogs were the only club to buy a table at the event. They were also famously bidding against Russell for the time keepers bell which they did say afterwards they were going to donate it back to the club anyway.
defiantly a rivalry but a lot of respect there to.

callmack1

Staff member

I don't like AJ's comparison to how we started 2014. That's an excuse and shows no ownership of the situation whatsoever.

callmack1

Staff member

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Keppie has been atrocious glad his been dropped about bloody time.

The coach has got to make some tough calls, i think he might be waiting for Munroe to comeback.

When he returns team might look like this.

1. Munroe
2. Thompson- he will never drop johnston.
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Tass
6. Walker
7. Hawkins
8. Tatola
9. Mamazolues
10. Burgess
11. KK
12. Muarry
13. Duncan

14. Milne- can cover back row winger and centre
15. Shaq
16. Moale
17. Haivili
18. Gray

Hellray

Juniors
Hahahaha Tass is not a better winger than Johnston, that is laughable. And cook won’t be left out of the team. He would at least be on the bench.

Steenson123

Juniors
Big Thompson should be starting if he is fit. He has size, grunt and scores consistently. He is similar to Young, not quite as good but still strong.
Mamezoulos has been extended in terms of contract. He should be included to give Cook a rest, why bother keeping the guy if he is not contributing? Moale is a waste, a lost soul. He should be asked what his purpose is playing football.
My Bench would be:
Mamezoulos
Shaq
Duncan
Kelpie.
I heard J.Host on Radio 2GB late last night demand with words to the effect "We have to get the Coach's back... he takes all the criticism in post-game interviews and cops it all so we have to have his back".
It might be instructive for Walker and Mitchell to make such a statement.
If Hawkins plays he and Wighton should do the punt work. Walker should be told to concentrate purely on protecting the football and developing the passing attack.
Wighton can roof the rock very high and these will put pressure on the defense. We can be sure Mitchell and teh flankers will face high barrages from Burton.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Hahahaha Tass is not a better winger than Johnston, that is laughable. And cook won’t be left out of the team. He would at least be on the bench.
Have you watched Johnston output the last 3 games looks about 10 yards slower and gives absolutly nothing in attack when carting the ball out.
anyone could have scored the tries he scored by just putting the ball down.

Hellray

Juniors
Have you watched Johnston output the last 3 games looks about 10 yards slower and gives absolutly nothing in attack when carting the ball out.
anyone could have scored the tries he scored by just putting the ball down.
Have you watched Tass’s performance? It’s atrousish. Tass’s positional play in his natural position of centre is horrible moving him to wing won’t improve him, and he hasn’t been known as a speedster.

you don’t swap one slug for another slug.

Pauly1

Juniors
JD has not got the balls to drop Cody Walker.
Pick the team on its merits !
I would put Mitchell in the centres (suck it up Mitchell, its not your call), Gray to FB,
Weighton to 5/8 , Hawkins to half, Thompson to wing.
Forwards ???? Ahh we are F***** there, we will have to the softest pack of choir boys in the comp, doesn't matter who it is.
We will get flogged again on Friday.
Forwards lay the platform and win matches!
JD spent all his salary cap on retiring players: Weighton,Cook, Walker,Johnston.
JD please retire or move on, we need a clean out from the top down.

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesdayyyyy!!!

I gotta say, I'm with the rest of you and I'm somewhat baffled. None of the changes, apart from maybe Tom starting and Keppie getting dropped make sense. He's dropped Havili, who yes, had a shocker last week at hooker, but was one of our best in Round 1 and 2 coming on and playing the lock role. Whaaat??? Shaq deserves to come in for Keppie but Chee Kam for Havili?? Really???

It's shuffling deck chairs big time.

Then the backs are untouched??

Hmmm. It still looks like a good side that is more than capable of beating the Dogs on paper, but I just can't really make sense of the changes.

Will be interesting to see if we actually run out with this side come Friday.

callmack1

Staff member

This seemingly confirms that the side will be 1-17. The top 17 wear the red Indigenous shirt.

JD has not got the balls to drop Cody Walker.
Pick the team on its merits !
I would put Mitchell in the centres (suck it up Mitchell, its not your call), Gray to FB,
Weighton to 5/8 , Hawkins to half, Thompson to wing.
Forwards ???? Ahh we are F***** there, we will have to the softest pack of choir boys in the comp, doesn't matter who it is.
We will get flogged again on Friday.
Forwards lay the platform and win matches!
JD spent all his salary cap on retiring players: Weighton,Cook, Walker,Johnston.
JD please retire or move on, we need a clean out from the top down.

Another smart logical post.

Travitoh

First Grade
Maybe it's just me, but i don't get why everyone is so eager for Latrell to play centre? I get that he isn't great defensively but we knew this would be the case when he signed. In attack, pretty much anything good that has happened in the opening rounds has involved his hands being on the footy. Moving him to a flank will be to move the only attacking outlet we've had so far this year. As frustrating as he is, we need him at FB if we're going to score points.