What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 World Club Challenge

I could understand the reluctance to kick into the in goal due to them being so short, thus increasing the risk of a 7 tackles re-start for Wigan. I was very surprised at how rarely the Panthers bombed the Wigan back 3. First time they did it with a real good kick-chase, they scored. I'm amazed how rarely they used it.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I could understand the reluctance to kick into the in goal due to them being so short, thus increasing the risk of a 7 tackles re-start for Wigan. I was very surprised at how rarelly the Panther bombed the Wigan back 3. First time they did it with a real good kick-chase, they scored. Amazed how rarely they used it.

That has been a bug bear for mine for a while. Those bombs broke Waqa Blake and now they never come out.

Surely they are better then having Fish get tackled on the last

Alintheeast

Juniors
I
If we want to take the WCC seriously we need a warm up game, Get some match fitness and get rid of the rust.
Agree but should be played in late October in non World Cup years and at various venues in rotation ie North England, Sydney, New Zealand, Brisbane or say London. Like Super Bowl. Referee should not be a local but touchies, video refs can be.

MugaB

Coach
Bad taste in the mouth is completely accurate.
Panthers were not playing the same game as Wigan or the ref.
I would love for the WCC to be a something both comps really strive for but it never gets there, and yep I’m am also writing it off as a meaningless trial because it wasn’t governed by the proper rules.
Or proper referee, fancy getting one that was born in wigan ffs

MugaB

Coach
And the Panthers f**k it up again

no wonder the nrl didn’t want them representing us in Vegas
Fancy following a team who haven't won a premiership since the late 80s and then comment about other teams representing the NRL ffs, howbout stop choking then win something/someone fu-kn somewhere somehow then start throwing barbs, instead of the vast amount of spoons

Caged Panther

First Grade
Disappointing loss.

Really though, in 20 years' time what are you more likely to remember? The day the Panthers won their first World Club Challenge? Or the day they won their 3rd consecutive premiership?

When you think of it in that context it's very clear it's not that important of a game.

The yak

Juniors
Disappointing loss.

Really though, in 20 years' time what are you more likely to remember? The day the Panthers won their first World Club Challenge? Or the day they won their 3rd consecutive premiership?

When you think of it in that context it's very clear it's not that important of a game.

Going back chronological. I can remember the last 40 NRL premiers off the top of my head.

I know who one the last two WWC.I can't recall anymore after that!

Black Diamond

Juniors
And the Panthers f**k it up again

no wonder the nrl didn’t want them representing us in Vegas
You do realise they couldn't be in UK and US at same time? Idiot.

As Ivan says better to be there and lost than not be there at all. Oh...just to explain that, you have to actually win a Premiership to do that. Do you need me to explain what a Premiership is as well?

What did you expect from him first game back from a knee reconstruction?

He looked strong, fast and willing to take the ball hard into contact.
All the things that you worry about when players return from an ACL.

His edge looked clunky for sure, but have Jack Cole there didn’t help.

Personally I think he ticked allot of boxes.
First thing that struck me when the z panthers came out to warm up was what a physical specimen May is.