What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Year Of The Dragon

When you become a member of Tigers, you are asked to nominate your favourite player, and the only player I could think of on the hop was Bateman. A voucher for a shrink is in my package.

We don’t have this awesome Members First thing like you guys.

I timed the Jerome announcement on the membership site, we seemed to have got the news later than the sherpas did in Nepal. A couple almost choked removing their oxygen masks in surprised gasps.

Which reminds me, if you can afford it, you’d best back Flanno and member up.

You should have a club membership that excludes Ben Hunt. A special “no dickhead” membership. That would scoop up the fans that are hesitating because of his horrific selfishness.

Hire him a tuk tuk to cycle up to qld and visit all the clubs like Latrell did.

Uncle Nick said Latrell would play in the local comp for the Vaucluse Chandeliers for the rest of his life. That lasted as long as one of his quality used vehicles.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
It cannot get any worse than what we have seen the last 3 years surely. I am just hoping to see a lot of these young guys come through and show us some real promise for the future so Saints don't have to rely on recruitment from other teams for 2025 and beyond as we can see how tough it is.

I just read that the Tigers sacked their recruitment guy Scott Fulton, 9 months into the role . Wow. This is after they brought in Luai, Finau boys from Manly and Bud Sullivan. Whilst Saints hold on to their recruitment guy who has been absolutely woeful the last 9 months.
It sort of highlights SM how management can either make or break a club.
Wests have continually kept the same board and support staff thru pathetic years...from 2006 onwards.
Richo has identified dead wood and staff who are a distraction and swept them away.
We had to do something after 2 spoons.
Saints I fear, are heading for the spoon if something drastic doesn't occur and I'm sorry if that upsets a few of you.
The upside is your coach is a hard nose operator desperate to win. He also can develop young players as he's done this at Cronulla.
I do think he needs some fresh blood though.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wests have continually kept the same board and support staff thru pathetic years...from 2006 onwards.
Richo has identified dead wood and staff who are a distraction and swept them away.
Saints I fear, are heading for the spoon if something drastic doesn't occur and I'm sorry if that upsets a few of you.
The upside is your coach is a hard nose operator desperate to win. He also can develop young players as he's done this at Cronulla.
It might need us to win that coveted spoon before something really drastic happens at the Dragons. Some club has to come last!!

Nutz

Bench
It might need us to win that coveted spoon before something really drastic happens at the Dragons. Some club has to come last!!
Let's hope it doesn't come to that David.
Saints are rich in history and current players need to instill some pride back into the jumper. Hunt's saga made me furious as captain wanting out wnen the season was still going.
There needs to be a shake up with the trade window and that stupid cooling off period.
Players appear to not give a stuff about the club nor it's fans.
Like society now it's all about them and what you can give them.

I am sure Flanno is well across the r&r situation.

It sounds counter-intuitive but Gal did a great job convincing players to join the sharks and maybe he can used as covert operator for SGI.

No more Mr nice guys from SGI, not with Hunt running around white anting. Enemies from within.

They’d be a lot of fringe first graders out there stuck behind marquee id be chasing.

Flanno has a penchant for being naughty, I don’t want him to cross that line again, but he’s a bit Arthur Daley and that’s not a bad thing for the old firm saints at this juncture.

They’ve been let down by so many people pissing on their backs and telling them it’s raining.

I don’t want illegality, but they need to become predators instead of prey.

Flanno is the right man for the car park deals.

Last edited:
And @Nutz , I am not sure if you know but SGI have loyal spies.

A couple of years ago, their spy at the eels leaked that Mary was being considered.

This was a confidential discussion at eels board level held in the evening. It doesn’t get any higher.

The report was on the Dragons CEO’s desk before BJ got into work the next day.

Mary was extended soon after.

It was an impressive operation.

SGI folk are out and about, solid and loyal.

Unlike Bunt.

And @Nutz , I am not sure if you know but SGI have loyal spies.

A couple of years ago, their spy at the eels leaked that Mary was being considered.

This was a confidential discussion at eels board level held in the evening. It doesn’t get any higher.

The report was on the Dragons CEO’s desk before BJ got into work the next day.

Mary was extended soon after.

It was an impressive operation.

SGI folk are out and about, solid and loyal.

Unlike Bunt.

It’s all true @Nutz, you can find a discussion here from yesteryear.

The following year McVirus turns up as eels assistant.

Of course our Tiger spies are f**king hopeless. You know that.

Theyd sing like f**king canaries if they got caught.

Couldn’t shut them up.

Anyway, I’m also committing to dragons LU for the season to lend them support from time to time. It’s going to be a wild ride.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
One of Ivan’s brilliant young talents Hosking has just signed with Ricky.

Ricky is definitely sneaky. I know how he signed Elliot, it was a tad dodgy.

It’s on for young and old out there Flanno, pick up the phone.
Talking about Ivan. He was the coach that would have turned things around at the Tigers a long time ago if only they could have snagged young Nathan to join his dad at the Tigers but I think that as the Tigers had Brooks held high in their regard, they didn't do that and the rest is history.

I think you might have more to add to this Silverdale?

Dragon David

First Grade
Also, besides Nathan being at the Tigers, I would have been surprised if many of the other players like Luai and Api etc could have gone to the Tigers as well. You now have Luai and Api and I think you have Naden as well now, but you would have had more for sure of the Penrith guys.

Nutz

Bench
@Dragon David,
Anyone?
Hey mate, do you know how good this tall big young winger Lobb is, he couldn't get a run in your NRL side, I think, and he came to us with aspirations of making it in the top grade but I just can't see it happening unless a] Noffa is booted b] injuries or c] he is a gun.

Nutz

Bench
Also, besides Nathan being at the Tigers, I would have been surprised if many of the other players like Luai and Api etc could have gone to the Tigers as well. You now have Luai and Api and I think you have Naden as well now, but you would have had more for sure of the Penrith guys.
We'll take James Fisher Harris and you guys take Liam Martin, but only if we have to.
That's the sorta guys we are...always out to help those in need. :)

Mojo

Bench
Good day Dragon fans. Are you keen for some footy action.
I don't know about you but over on the tigers forum it's quiet as and I'm goin "Nutz"
Was not getting AFB a let down for you, I was hoping we could snare him, but the upside is, if we did snare him, he would probably seek a transfer 1 year in for compassionate reasons.
Ha ha.
Next year go the Tigers and if we are stuffed then go the dragons [my second fav team ha ha]
So it seems you might be the common denominator.

possm

Coach
@Dragon David,
Anyone?
Hey mate, do you know how good this tall big young winger Lobb is, he couldn't get a run in your NRL side, I think, and he came to us with aspirations of making it in the top grade but I just can't see it happening unless a] Noffa is booted b] injuries or c] he is a gun.
For me, it was sad to see Lobby go as I rated him highly. Like with SAab and Garrick, I expect Lobb to be a big success at his new club.

Talking about Ivan. He was the coach that would have turned things around at the Tigers a long time ago if only they could have snagged young Nathan to join his dad at the Tigers but I think that as the Tigers had Brooks held high in their regard, they didn't do that and the rest is history.

I think you might have more to add to this Silverdale?

Well he had a falling out with Gus and was let go at Penrith.

We jumped on him for 3 years and Ivan had the team playing good footy with the promise of Nate to come.

Then the panthers realised that to keep Nate, they needed Ivan, so he was approached.

Gus didn’t want him back but was over-ruled.

The deal was done and he sought a release from us which cost Penrith a lot of money.

We failed to get Nate first.

A bit later, Gus walks out on Penrith to “help” the dogs.

The Tigers view of Ivan is that he can coach, but we do not think he is a good person. Not just for leaving us, but his personal standards are very poor.

When a grand final is won, it should be won with honour. But Ivan has said and done things… that don’t sit comfortably with us.

Which is not a criticism of his coaching but the crap that comes with it.

Say if Mary had won a grand final, they’d be feeling by many of you that the victory was won, in spite of him and not because of him.

But for all his incompetence and muddle headedness, his hopelessness and corporate psycho babble, I think Mary is twice the person Ivan will ever be.

I could give you many reasons why I think Ivan doesn’t cut the mustard, but in summary, he is quite selfish. One example:

His personal support for convicted sex fiend pervert Tyrone May was sickening.

Whatever Amone did, he didn’t defile and denigrate a young women and then talk himself up over it. Destroyed her life.

And Nate thought and still thinks May is wonderful. What kind of upbringing do you need to have to come to that conclusion? Ask Ivan Cleary, he was Mays court referee.

Rubbish people.

And they milking Penrith for all they are worth.

Anyway, dragon time.

Last edited:

Latest posts