What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI - India v Australia at Kolkata on Sept 21, 2017

Timbo

Staff member
Richardson would never be first picked but he's handy to have in the arsenal.

A good sight better than Worral, Tremain or Mennie.

Bazal

Post Whore
Seriously, I rate Cartwright, but whoever decided he should open is an idiot plain and simple.

That extends to the captain, if it was his call.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Travis Head - opens for Australia, and kills it = bats at 4

Hilton Cartwright - not a noted opener, fails there every time = let's make him open for Australia

Ffs...

mozza91

Coach
Head should be opening, he's done the job there before. But it's the Australian cricket team so obviously a young, long levered West Australian who can't bat or bowl gets the nod.

Bazal

Post Whore
Head should be opening, he's done the job there before. But it's the Australian cricket team so obviously a young, long levered West Australian who can't bat or bowl gets the nod.

Of course he can bat. He's just not an opener.

It's like they've gone "this kid is built a bit like Watto, let's open with him because obviously his physique guarantees he'll kill it!"

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, I rate Cartwright, but whoever decided he should open is an idiot plain and simple.

That extends to the captain, if it was his call.

I completely agree and Ed Cowan was spot on in his article, one day he will be a playa, just not yet and certainly not in this form of the game. His first class record is terrible in this form yet he opens for Australia while Head who has been brilliant is batting at 4.

Once again our all rounders, and I use that term loosely, have let us down in the batting dept, we need to get over this fixation and use real bowlers and real batsmen and one, possibly 2 all rounders depending on the conditions.

I bagged Richardson last night and he and NCN both 3 for 50 odd and not bad figures on that surface but then you look at Cummins econ rate and its just over half of those 2 @ 3.4 and thats what ODIs are all about, if only we had more than one real bowler we could have had a chance.

Agar went for 6 an over and didn't even bowl out his 10 overs. f**k me these nuffies make you wish we still had Hauritz.