What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Napier on Feb 2, 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
Umpires making a final decision 6.30pm, Im assuming that is 4.30pm AEDT

I reckon they will abandon the game

8Ball

First Grade
Decided to stop off at a pub on my way home. This is the stuff that drives away interest from the game. How pathetic

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Umpires making a final decision 6.30pm, Im assuming that is 4.30pm AEDT

I reckon they will abandon the game
Make a decision either way FFS!!

Absolutely embarrassing, who cares about the poor bastards at the game with their thumb their arses.

TheParraboy

Staff member
same thing happened last January v Pakistan at this ground, disgracefull

looks like game has been called off

hineyrulz

Post Whore
5mm of rain that stopped an hour before the game started. And still not fit to play 5 hours later lol
5mm????? :joy:

I've been at games at the Gabba were it has hosed down 25-30mm in quick time only for them to start an hour later.

Timbo

Staff member
I do understand why NZ likes it - it's one of the few grounds that looks more like a cricket ground than rugby stadium.

Rip up the outfield and fix the bloody drainage.

Iafeta

Referee
It's a rugby ground as well. It's long but the square boundaries are reasonably short.

The communication to the fans at the ground was farcical as well. They didn't know it was officially off until 15 minutes after. I love the Hawkes Bay, sensational place with usually great weather, but until they improve McClean Park it's going to have to miss out.

Timbo

Staff member
It's a rugby ground as well. It's long but the square boundaries are reasonably short.

The communication to the fans at the ground was farcical as well. They didn't know it was officially off until 15 minutes after. I love the Hawkes Bay, sensational place with usually great weather, but until they improve McClean Park it's going to have to miss out.

Wait, it's an NPC ground. And there may be a Chiefs Super game against the Jaguars or the Rebels or another low-drawer.

I remember for a long time it was the host of Probables vs Possibles, or whatever that AB selection trial was called.

What I meant is it's a ground that hasn't been cannibalised for rugby over cricket.

Iafeta

Referee
Yep, they used to do the ABs trials there. I'm pretty sure the last one had the Possibles beat the Shadow ABs and basically got about 8 or 9 places in the team.

But yes first and foremost a cricket ground.

JJ

Immortal
Lovely place, nice ground (square boundaries aren't really suitable for cricket, but this is NZ) - but that was disappointing, something amiss in the soil or drainage obviously

Latest posts