What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v West Indies D/N @ Adelaide Oval Dec 8-12, 2022

Nesser and Steketee
Difference being Morris' express pace. CA wants a young tearaway that can put terror in the eyes of batsmen. Much like Cummins did when he debuted against the Saffers as a teen and took apart their strong top four, including, Kallis. As for Neser he has not always stepped up when given 'A' matches while Steketee is an unknown quantity at that level.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Old mate Baggers is in love with this new feather ruffler I think.

This fella has hit 150 but how constantly? And 150 isn't Brett Lee express.

We've got some pretty decent feather rufflers already in Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins already.

Bazal

Post Whore

We've got some pretty decent feather rufflers already in Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins already.

Plus half the Windies team is f**ken bald. How can you ruffle a bald man's feathers? He's bald

The quickest of them all Thommo also wants Morris unleashed on the Windies on Thursday. He says the West Aussie tearaway has the speed to 'give em a bit of shock and awe'. His words for my feather ruffling. I also like 'a bit of chin music' or 'smell the leather'.

Last edited:
..me, Thommo, 'Crash' Craddock and half the West Australian community. Why not you BCF?
Lee was quick when he was younger but pace dropped off in later years. Clocked 150 regularly in his early 20s as many believe Morris will. He has already hit 150 several times this summer and says he can go faster. Whether he will reach Lees top 160 remains to be seen. He is sure to top Lees @30.8 average and 53 strike rate. Betting on that.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
..me, Thommo, 'Crash' Craddock and half the West Australian community. Why not you BCF?

Lee was quick when he was younger but pace dropped off in later years. Clocked 150 regularly in his early 20s as many believe Morris will. He has already hit 150 several times this summer and says he can go faster. Whether he will reach Lees top 160 remains to be seen. He is sure to top Lees @30.8 average and 53 strike rate. Betting on that.
We'll see Mrs Morris.

Bazal

Post Whore
I mean, Lane Morel would wanna be pretty f**ken special to top Binga

Right now he just looks like the loose bloke in twos who was discovered when he was sleeping off a bender under the bleachers on a Saturday morning and got roped into bowling at the skipper cos no one else could be f**ked

images

TheParraboy

Staff member
If Morris is as fast and scary as some make out, you bring him in v SA to cause carnage. Not sure the point of grabbing some Windies wickets

An attack of AG, Baggers and Hineyrulz can ruffle the Windies with the pink ball, throw in Twizzles right arm party pies and its a humiliation masterclass

TheParraboy

Staff member
Nesser in the squad as well

With Morris and Boland makes it 3 reserve pacemen. Tells me Paddy will be ruled out IMO

Cant see Starc or Hazlewood playing 5 back to back tests this summer, especially with our schedule in 2023. Wouldnt be supirsed if one of them sits this one out ...with a "niggle" of course.

Squad David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Scott Boland, Michael Neser, Lance Morris, Marcus Harris

Cant see Starc or Hazlewood playing 5 back to back tests
CA will say 'we need to manage their workload as they have played a lot of white ball leading into this summer'. Dead set Hazlewood should not have to be rotated as the poor bloke has missed so much Test cricket past 12 months. Was virtually a passenger on the sub continent. For someone with his record, he has been treated with distain.

Wouldnt be supirsed if one of them sits this one out ...with a "niggle" of course.
It wont be Starc as he plays his best cricket in 'pink tests'. Holds record for most wickets. Hazlewood also has a good record. One recent match he took 5/8 if memory serves.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Now is the time to give some of the newbies a run, the Windies series is already won, and a dead rubber coming up against a pretty average team.

Its time to look at newbies and rest up the real bowlers for the Saffas series.

Latest posts