What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

nrlnrl

First Grade
A breath of fresh air hearing Hughes commentating this afternoon. Much better than hearing senile Rabs.

If only Hughes had Gavin Robertson alongside him in the commentary box, haha! Wonder how that would've gone..
Most of his commentary was ok, but 2 big blunders in calling wrong players for tries. One from the wrong team & the other, a player who retired a few years ago.

undertaker

Coach
Most of his commentary was ok, but 2 big blunders in calling wrong players for tries. One from the wrong team & the other, a player who retired a few years ago.
Understandable given Hughes hasn't called a game for 16 years, compared with Rabs who for the last 10 years or so has constantly been mixing up players on the field. Given the circumstances, in a boring one-sided match, he still did a better job than Raaaaaaaaaaay or Tim Tam Gilbert.

Would've preferred to have seen Bill Anderson instead of Blocker. Hughes/Anderson/Pearce I believe was the last commentary combo Ch10 had before they lost the tv rights.

Tonight at the Gold Coast would've been good to have had Alan Thomas and Billy J Smith, haha!

Was listening in a couple of days ago and poor old Assssshhhhhley Mills was talking about Darion Lockyer. Not sure who he is but apparently he's a Brisbane great.

Tiger5150

Bench
Was listening in a couple of days ago and poor old Assssshhhhhley Mills was talking about Darion Lockyer. Not sure who he is but apparently he's a Brisbane great.
Yesterday she was talking about some guy called Israel Fallow placing in the centres for the Waratahs

Iafeta

Referee
No it's "it's a twicky game Gwaham but I think you can put a couple of notes on it and supwise the wife with Chinese from your winnings". I can't wait till he wins big and throws in a box of goon to seal the deal. The life he must lead....

FlameThrower

Bench
No it's "it's a twicky game Gwaham but I think you can put a couple of notes on it and supwise the wife with Chinese from your winnings". I can't wait till he wins big and throws in a box of goon to seal the deal. The life he must lead....
Rubbish show. Rubbish segments, given up on this months ago...

taipan

Referee
Got on the phone once, a few years back with this mob,had a bit of a too and fro with Pappy over union trying to screw rl during Vichy (after matters of poaching by rugby league was brought up,) He was in deflection mode.

Never been back since on Stalk'n Porks.

Iafeta

Referee
Oh man. Shut up Tunks. Every time they gave an update in the cricket today, old mate dropped the "spirit of the game" line, like it was some hilarious joke that no one got. Shut up son.

no name

Coach
What about Tunksy saying he has concerns for the big Raiders pack when they have to play finals in the September sun.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Out of all the drunken 60 odd year old dribblers that call the show daily, Tunks still spews more garbage than any of them.

Iafeta

Referee
Wow. The Devils trifecta.

Caller 1 - infers Serena Williams to be a bloke basically
Caller 2 - Andy, drunk off his head, says Cook and Maguiness are the two best hookers in the comp and asks why Farah has been signed to play third grade
Caller 3 - Sue. The sad thing, she was the most caller of the lot.

Anyway, boooiiiiii guuuoooiiiiyyys

Eion

First Grade
Anyone hear a bloke ring in giving it to them delux about being a pack of whingers banging on endlessly about the refs? Gold. Favourite part was him telling tunks that if he reffed 130 games he'd get a few wrong too and can we just shut up about it. Graham almost cried.

The most sense I have heard on the show in years and came from a first time caller.

carcharias

Immortal
I do like it when that old bag who follows the Dragons calls in to have a cry and they play the violin music in the background.

I tuned in yesterday to listen to them in their Digital Radio glory in my new car. Ashley Mills sounds like she has sinusitis and sounds better in AM quality.

Old mate giving it them over the refs and constant bitching was hilarious. Was quick to point out that the only reason why people give it any credence is the media time it gets.

Andy should be screened. Obviously been to the early opener.

Mr Saab

Referee
Greenberg will be in studio Thursday 8th Sept answering calls from listeners. This should be good. I hope he gets hammered.