What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2UE

TonyT6

Bench
Just recently found this sports station and love it, plenty of variety among sports. Even had Adrian ring in this morning and absolutely lose his mind over the cricketers.

Brutus

Referee
Too much Victorian crap for my liking.

Try listening to the two AFL flogs on Drive.

No thank you.

They need to make it a Sydney-Brisbane station. Give the Melbournites their own version.

Mr Saab

Referee
The station between 12pm to 7pm will make you think about throwing your radio out the window. Its Melb centric hosts who just love to critique NRL and fawn over fumble ball. I give it 12 months before its overhauled. It alienates the Sydney Brisbane listeners and will be out rated by 2CH.

taipan

Referee
The station between 12pm to 7pm will make you think about throwing your radio out the window. Its Melb centric hosts who just love to critique NRL and fawn over fumble ball. I give it 12 months before its overhauled. It alienates the Sydney Brisbane listeners and will be out rated by 2CH.

Don't listen, but interested in who the 2 fumbler flogs are ?

Brutus

Referee

Be sure to let them know.

I have. They don't like it either.

FlameThrower

Bench
Won’t last 12 months - tried to listen but it’s tennis - cricket - F1 - NRL - Baseball all in 5 minuets - should have left it as it was ..

TheFrog

Coach
Does 2UE still exist?

I haven't lived in Sydney since 1989 but I thought it might have went the way of the dodo.
When I was a kid (1960's) they played Top 40 music more or less in competition with 2SM and 2UW but not so much aimed at teenagers. They called Rugby League for many years, the former ref Col Pearce was the caller. The station still exists, but its just a talk station now, like most AM radio stations. It's changed hands many times, I think the same company that owns 2GB owns it as well now.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
When I was a kid (1960's) they played Top 40 music more or less in competition with 2SM and 2UW but not so much aimed at teenagers. They called Rugby League for many years, the former ref Col Pearce was the caller. The station still exists, but its just a talk station now, like most AM radio stations. It's changed hands many times, I think the same company that owns 2GB owns it as well now.
Thanks for info!

Mr Saab

Referee
Many great segments? Not in the time slot i stated. I have listened occasionally when in the car and its Shane McInnes with uneducated NRL comments and hot takes

Whino

Bench
The station still exists, but its just a talk station now, like most AM radio stations. It's changed hands many times, I think the same company that owns 2GB owns it as well now.

They do.
On 1 April 2015 the Macquarie Radio Network merged with the Fairfax Radio Network of Fairfax Media.
2ue is now a sister station of 2gb.

Brutus

Referee
Idiot, rugby league is my game and 60% of the show is about league. AFL, SOCCER, BASKETBALL, UNION share the rest.

If you don't like a range of sports, what are you?

Not fu##ing Australian that's for sure.

You're right.

It would make you a Victorian.

Latest posts