What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Cowboys

Blair

Coach
3. TL
2. Mannering
1. Ata

Cheers Phil.

Edit. Just watched most of the replay and am sticking with the above.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
3. Mannering
2. Vatuvei
1. Hingano

Leuluai and Fusitua need mention too

3. TL
2. Mannering
1. Ata

Cheers Phil.
As above. :)
TL really seemed to be the only one who gave a shit out there and was ripping in.
Mannering did his normal massive defensive workload and hingo added something different even if it was two handling errors.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Mannering. Jeez he plays with pride.
2. Leuluai. Going out in style.
1. Hingano. Great debut.

HM. Fusitua. Safe hands and great positioning.

Misses. Manu - How many times can he make the same mistakes?
Hoffman - Mr invisible in the first half.
Johnson - MIA. Again.

JJ

Immortal
2 for vatuvei?
Subjective I guess, he made a lot of strong runs...

I loved what Leuluai did given he was dicked around positionally (Roache to an extent too), but the stats I saw confirmed Leuluai offered nothing with the ball. I could change it and give Leuluai the 2, but might as well leave it with my initial impression

Mannering did whatever he could with and without the ball (without him, and to a lesser extent Thomas, god know what would have happened), Manu tried really hard and had an impact... he always has the odd error

jaseg

Juniors
3. Mannering - defensive monster
2. Hingano - confirmed what pretty much everyone who watched him this year knew - he is ready. most impressively, he managed to look good on debut behind a destroyed pack. McFailin' manages to hold off and only debut him when it's too damn late.
1. Hoffman - scored a try.. very little else to pick from (good mixed with bad across the board), so that'll do it.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
3. TL
2. Ata
1. Mannering

Were down by plenty and the bloke who seemed hellbent on getting us back in the game was 19 years old and playing his first match. Sorry nah that's not on, poor from the rest of the team.

Manu had a shocker, our wingers seem slower than our props. The era of Lomu style wingers is over in rugby league IMO, we need to move with the times. One of those style players is plenty let alone 2.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Were down by plenty and the bloke who seemed hellbent on getting us back in the game was 19 years old and playing his first match. Sorry nah that's on, poor from the rest of the team..

This bullshit is exactly why we've missed the big dance five times in a row now.
It's the difference between us and the real contenders.

Blair

Coach
At
I was watching the ABs at the pub, they had a smaller TV showing the league that I could see a reflection of in the window, that was more than enough for me..

At the Bledisloe it was like watching an exhibition game, something akin to watching the Harlem Globetrotters, in their heyday, against a local side. Therefore it lacked that excitement you feel when seeing a real contest.

Australian rugby is in a real slump, on so many levels, and this has come at a time when NZ is getting even stronger. It's not good for the game.

I couldn't help but compare the experience to when I was at the 2011 GF. Same venue, very different vibe.

The home crowd began leaving early which I always think is piss poor. You pay good money for a start, may as well see the whole game, with those tremendous skills on display.

Home fans leave Mt Smart early too, don't they?

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Simon Mannering

Mannering 26
Leuluai 20
Hingaro 14

Vatuvei 2
Vete 2
Hoffman 1
Thompson 1

11 voted