What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Dragons

Grizzman

Juniors
3 Harris
2 Barnett
1 AFB

Poor game from far too many. Poor from Montoya, DWZ, Roger, Ford, Capewell. Laban needs to start showing why he got selected, Ale is average at best. Poor execution of a game plan. Poor bloody Harris worked himself to exhaustion and other than Barnett and AFB, no one followed. Extremely frustrating! Berry and Charnze were ok.

Blair

Coach
3. Harris
2. Charnze
1. Addin

(I've retracted this comment and have, subsequently, given Addin a point: 'Addin and Barnett were clearly outplayed by their opposites, so our field position was screwed').

Johnson was no good, bumbling at his worst.

Roger was dopey, he's worrying me. Is he shot? No, of course not, but still.

Berry looked like a schoolboy.

Monty will be dropped next week, he's been walking a tightrope all year and he's finally fallen off.

I could go on.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
I didn’t think AFB and Barnett were outplayed. Definitely not the problem.

3- Harris
2- AFB
1- Barnett

Montoya sucks.

Ford and Capewell suck.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Barnett
AFB
Harris

On the list of players who were awful that hasn’t been mentioned was SJ. He has played enough footy now to be able to figure out on the fly what’s not working, but he kept going to the well and it was extremely predictable and ineffective

Webster simply can’t have Barnett and AFB off the park at the same time when the bench is that skinny, tactically poor call to put the genuine big man back into 18th man and go small ball off the bench, and then not use them. I was never amazed by the Capewell signing, always had the feel he was in extremely good packs which made him look better hiding deeper in the pack. Haven’t seen much to change my mind yet

Meth

Staff member
Yeah it was kinda like they went out there determined to target Suli and didn’t adjust when it wasn’t working.

Have seen that at times with SJ this year.

second week in a row SJ has been outplayed by his opposite.

Izz

Bench
Addin and Barnett were cleary outplayed by their opposites, so our field position was screwed.
Don't agree with this. Our field position was mainly screwed because of poor discipline.

3 - Harris
2 - CNK
1 - AFB

Won't do any DMs. Effort wasn't lacking but plenty else was.

Just can't get my head around Webby's reasoning for picking that bench.

Blair

Coach
Don't agree with this. Our field position was mainly screwed because of poor discipline...
I'm retracting this. I was really disappointed that they didn't dominate which doesn't mean they were 'clearly outplayed'.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Capewell honestly looks like a crocked old geezer stumbling around out there most of the time. Any speed or footwork and he’s f**ked defensively, and he also doesn’t really like contact either side of the ball. Been given a massively long leash by you lot.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Harris
2.AFB
3 CNK

By the cheers after the first try there must have been quite a few Warrior supporters there. Didn't hear much from them from there on.

Contenders?
Not yet, by a long way.

DWZ is a poor defender. Montoya is stuck to the ground and awkward. RTS didn't have a good game.

Better be a better effort next week.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Harris - Insane work rate, never stopped tackling
2. CNK - Again effort, and error free around a backline who were shocking
1. AFB - The match turned when he came off

HM Barnett

SJ had a rare awful game, I suspect teams have woken up to Egan and shut him down hard.
This is where TMM needs to provide much more.

It felt like one of those days we missed the Bald Bros, who can spark things when the chips are down.
This was a good old spanking, for the first time possibly ever under Webby we looked completely lost.

TheDMC

Bench
3. Harris - Insane work rate, never stopped tackling
2. CNK - Again effort, and error free around a backline who were shocking
1. AFB - The match turned when he came off

HM Barnett

SJ had a rare awful game, I suspect teams have woken up to Egan and shut him down hard.
This is where TMM needs to provide much more.

It felt like one of those days we missed the Bald Bros, who can spark things when the chips are down.
This was a good old spanking, for the first time possibly ever under Webby we looked completely lost.
Agree, missing the bald bros big time, especially Walker, and some Marata action wouldn't go amiss. That was an awful performance.

03 - Harris (We are stretching him thin like we did with Mannering. We need to share the load more)
02 - CNK (He looks good in a beaten team)
01 - AFB (Still goes forward and delivers. When he is off its noticeable)

DM. Ford, Capewell. Montoya, SJ, RTS & Webster (Coach, please sort your bench out)

First disappointing game since the Broncos semi-final loss

Big Marn

Juniors
Harris 3
AFB 2
CNK 1

Game changed like the wind. Totally on top. Then that intercept on their tryline burst the balloon.
2 penalties in a row conceded by Rocks Berry and Ford helped on the second one.
Killed our momentum and gave them theirs. Then the Montoya show started....
We should have wrestled the momentum back though but we didnt. Which is the main disappointment of the game.

I didn’t think AFB and Barnett were outplayed. Definitely not the problem.

3- Harris
2- AFB
1- Barnett

Montoya sucks.

Ford and Capewell suck.
I have defended this guy for a couple of Seasons but enough is enough.
He was worse than awful and made Ravalava play like he is the next immortal.
Deserves to be dropped. Not to reserve grade, just dropped from playing for a couple of weeks

Meth

Staff member
Warrior of the week is Tohu Harris

Harris 34
Fonua-Blake 19
Nicoll-Klokstad 10

Barnett 9

12 voted

Latest posts