What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Eels

Meth

Staff member
3- Maumalo
2- Luke
1- Lino- a great little first half performance to take back with him to the Intrust Cup

HM- Harris, Fusitu'a, Tevaga- all 3 deserved points.

Bloody Hiku

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not gonna bag HIku, he was filling in a FB at short notice and did ok.

3- Luke
2- Geale (should hold his spot)
1- Lino

Good effort all round though.

sup42

Juniors
3. Beale Class return after so long out
2, Green
1. Luke.

What a stupid game that was in the end entirely the fault of the officials, they made a farce of it,

Kearney keeps managing to get a win after a big loss...the team keeps trying with twelve men and a million penalties.

The biggest result of the year for us. the first time our top eight spot was under threat since round two....and as ugly as it was....the good sides find ways to win those ones.

Meth

Staff member
Maumalo (x2) and Lino's defensive reads when Papali'i went off were majorly important. Their defense was superb throughout the night.

Luke's defense was courageous and confrontational- considering he's playing with a busted shoulder.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
HM - Karma
Ive seen Luke milk a penalty that way but Will Smiths one was ridiculous to the max.

When the bunker is reviewing the block play to see if anyone is impeded, you hear the commentators say 'surely common sense should prevail here', well common sense should apply in that obvious milking of a penalty. I suggest they just play it again from the mark.

JJ

Immortal
Great effort. The Eels are ridiculous though and WTF with the Moses for origin talk, too funny

3. Luke
2. Fusitua
1. Maumalo

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think he showed that he belongs in the outside backs. Broke some tackles and even scored one. He did some dumb shit but so did others but one was almost costly.

The only real blemish was getting put over the sideline on the 1st, but I put that down to being out of position due to positional inexperience- he had to come from infield to field the ball and all his momentum was towards the outside so he was easy meat.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
3. Maumalo
2. Bully
1. Fusitua

Outside backs really got us started in our sets today. Set the tone. Liking what I see from Beale too.

Gavet needs to get some confidence back, was pretty ineffective with his runs today. Not the best game from Mannering either, think he needs to start

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ken is starting to look like a well rounded player, he was solid in the air tonight on attack as well as defence and his defensive reads and tackles were great. Hats off to him.

Big Marn

Juniors
The only real blemish was getting put over the sideline on the 1st, but I put that down to being out of position due to positional inexperience- he had to come from infield to field the ball and all his momentum was towards the outside so he was easy meat.
no thats not right SM. if you watch it again, he caught the ball, started to move infield to SAFETY (the smart and obvious move) then tried to be tricky and beat Jennings on the outside (the risky and STUPID AS f**k move). Thats how i saw it anyway. I guess we will see if others back me up on that.

Plus hes played FB at international level and for Manly so you cant offer that excuse. Plus the ground was dewy as f**k so common sense is to treat the sidelines as 10m further infield cause you know you will slide over if you risk it.

Big Marn

Juniors
3 Luke
2 Fusitua. - Beautiful to watch under the high ball
1 Maumalo

HM Harris, Beale, Paasi, Tevaga (though i always cringe when he has the ball as he has a mistake or 2 in him)

Big Marn

Juniors
Ive seen Luke milk a penalty that way but Will Smiths one was ridiculous to the max.

When the bunker is reviewing the block play to see if anyone is impeded, you hear the commentators say 'surely common sense should prevail here', well common sense should apply in that obvious milking of a penalty. I suggest they just play it again from the mark.

There was another one almost as ridiculous in the broncos-roosters game, the guy was well behind the play. and the dummy half threw a pass at him that would have gone over the deadball line if it had missed him.
They need to do something about this as its getting out of control.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
3 - Luke
2 - Harris
1 - Fus

Beale was awsome first game back.
Maumalo was strong. I used to really dislike the guy but credit where credits due, could be the most improved player in the nrl from this time last year.
Green and Hiku also had great games, although a brainsnap here and there...

A wins a win tho, well take it !

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
There was another one almost as ridiculous in the broncos-roosters game, the guy was well behind the play. and the dummy half threw a pass at him that would have gone over the deadball line if it had missed him.
They need to do something about this as its getting out of control.
Yeah I seen that one. Milford threw it at Napa. I wished it missed then Milf (who I like by the way) wouldve looked like an idiot for passing it dead lol.