What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Raiders

sup42

Juniors
3. AFB
2. Jazz
1. SJ

AFB's running, Jazz's tackling, SJ's kicking is the direction we want to go for the rest of the season, both outplaying their opposites in those metrics.

Good win, won off defence when our attack is still sorting things out (a function of no Egan and CNK, Walker too).

Also when Marata comes back our attack will settle down.

03 - RTS. (Turning point to win the game)
02 - Berry. (Break out season)
01 - Ale. (Break out game)

HM: AFB for playing hurt.

ozbash

Referee
3 Barnett
2 RTS
1.SJ

Tuapiki impresses except for that 1 blue...can see him getting snapped up by an Aussie club once Charnze is back.

Thought Tohu was the best of the rest..

vvvrulz

Coach
Big list of HM’s aside, we didn’t play well. tbh we don’t really look well coached at the moment

Bit harsh imo, we've played three good teams and got into three good contests; when we're sticking to the game plan and not making crucial handling errors at the worst times we're rolling the opponents pretty well.

I'm happy with most things, my biggest issue is the dumb errors + our attack looks a good deal worse without CNK and Egan, and I'm pretty lukewarm on Metcalf who seems less about structure and is more opportunistic. There's plenty of effort, we're not very leaky on defence - yes I'd much rather be 3-0 up as we probably should be if we iced those games, but it could be so much worse.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Berry - He was absolutely everywhere, it does feel like we're about to see a stellar season
2. Barnett - Feel like I can rest a bit easier with the hole AFB will leave if he can find this gear
1. DWZ - Playing like a man possessed

SJ and Harris turning in their usual great shifts, Ale and Jazz really stepped up when we needed bench support.

There's a bit of rust about still in RTS who makes up for it though with the good stuff

Blair

Coach
3. Barnett. Our pack leader in a game that was more physical than usual.

2. Dallin. Monty needs to watch how he turns the psycho energy into positively tangible results, that lift the whole side (and home crowd!)

1. Fonua-Blake. His early dominance was important to our win (we went ahead early and stayed there for the best part of the first hour).

Meth

Staff member
Bit harsh imo, we've played three good teams and got into three good contests; when we're sticking to the game plan and not making crucial handling errors at the worst times we're rolling the opponents pretty well.

I'm happy with most things, my biggest issue is the dumb errors + our attack looks a good deal worse without CNK and Egan, and I'm pretty lukewarm on Metcalf who seems less about structure and is more opportunistic. There's plenty of effort, we're not very leaky on defence - yes I'd much rather be 3-0 up as we probably should be if we iced those games, but it could be so much worse.

yeah, you may be right. Definitely the crucial errors and the mental lapses, as well as the second awful close in a row contributed to my frustration

JJ

Immortal
yeah, you may be right. Definitely the crucial errors and the mental lapses, as well as the second awful close in a row contributed to my frustration
Winning is winning, take the 2 points and build I think…. They know it wasn’t great

ozenzud

Juniors
Winning is winning, take the 2 points and build I think…. They know it wasn’t great
wasn't great is understatement. Probably the worst I've seen a warriors team play and actually win. I guess that should be a positive. Really hard game to enjoy. Even when they won, I was still grumpy.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
wasn't great is understatement. Probably the worst I've seen a warriors team play and actually win. I guess that should be a positive. Really hard game to enjoy. Even when they won, I was still grumpy.

I was really infuriated during the game but I was on about my 7th beer by kick-off so I wondered if I was maybe being unreasonable. A number of people have backed up my feelings though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It was a bludger of a game, BUT, they still defended well. That got them the 2 points.

TheDMC

Bench
3 Barnett
2 RTS
1.SJ

Tuapiki impresses except for that 1 blue...can see him getting snapped up by an Aussie club once Charnze is back.

Thought Tohu was the best of the rest..

Agreed, I think Tuaupiki has been playing well and looks NRL quality for sure. Would love to see him get into open space properly.

Meth

Staff member
Warrior of the week is Mitchell Barnett

Barnett 30
Berry 16
Tuivasa-Sheck 12

Watene-Zelezniak 10
Fonua-Blake 10
Johnson 6
Tevaga 3
Ale 3

15 voted