What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Roosters

Iron Lion

Juniors
WOW just WOW!

3.Lino
2.Green
1. Harris

But truthfully the whole team put in and I do want to see what Mannering looks like under this type of team presence - What has Corvo done for him? - hopefully brings out his attacking game.

What an amazing buzz right now and well deserved for the loyal fans who have stuck it out. Enjoy it guys.

When I first heard that Johnson was out I thought 'bugger' but then I realised plenty of games this year are just penalty goals and the odd try.

Therefore, Lino might've been our man in a snorefest. He was still our man but the game was full of tries, Warriors tries!

I thought shit there goes an attacking option and Lino has been ok, but nothing spectacular in previous outing.
But this is 2018!
Lino steps up big-time.
If SJ needs a rest, let him have it. No rush.

Cold Roses

Juniors
3. Green
2. Blair
1. Hiku

Hiku just shades Harris for 1 point. Harris and Blair were huge in marshalling the defensive line.

Green. Massive play to catch Friend in possession on the last tackle on our line, then follow up with with a 40-20 shortly afterwards.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So much Lino live right now. For me he’s been so unlucky. Always solid in lower grades but only given a shot in first grade when the side have been deer in the headlights, and lets face it, he’s not an SJ who can pull wins out of his arse. Nine games for zero wins, chucked in against competition heavyweights after some ordinary reserve grade form and he delivered. Nothing spectacular in the SJ mould but he out-Cronked Cronk, and put in a perfect team half’s performance, and kicked flawlessly too. Take a bow, Mase, you’ve earned it.

Blair

Coach
So much Lino live right now. For me he’s been so unlucky. Always solid in lower grades but only given a shot in first grade when the side have been deer in the headlights, and lets face it, he’s not an SJ who can pull wins out of his arse. Nine games for zero wins, chucked in against competition heavyweights after some ordinary reserve grade form and he delivered. Nothing spectacular in the SJ mould but he out-Cronked Cronk, and put in a perfect team half’s performance, and kicked flawlessly too. Take a bow, Mase, you’ve earned it.

Only one blot, an early knock-on that could've switched momentum. So just 9/10 today.

Can we say, all things considered, this really was his NRL debut?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Only one blot, an early knock-on that could've switched momentum. So just 9/10 today.

Can we say, all things considered, this really was his NRL debut?

It wasn’t his debut, but it was definitely his arrival.

On that note has he ever played first grade with SJ? I don’t recall it if he has.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Green
2. Lino
1. Harris

HM's the rest, best game of the season so far, without Johnson too, they might actually talk about us this week.

morningstar

Juniors
How did Gelling go?

Only got 10 mins at the end when RTS went off. Took Hiku’s spot as he shifted to FB.

Didn’t get many opportunities but looked keen, two hitups straight from the tap following penalties and an offload while falling were the highlights.

Iafeta

Referee
Gelling is bigger than I thought actually. I think he is a good solid squad member. Maybe a bit like Wairangi Koopu. Solid backrower who can play centre.

If memory serves, he had 190m or so in reserve grade last week so he was worthy of a shot.