What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Souths.

Grizzman

Juniors
The 3 points is easy this week
3 - Egan. Like Myxamatosis on the Rabbits tonight
2- Harris The workrate of a second rower and the ball playing of a 5/8
1- Johnson. Seems like he has so much time.

HM Ford, TMM, Barnett, AFB, Berry

Laban did not look out of place,

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
3- Egan
2- Johnson
1- TMM

Lots of good players tonight

JJ

Immortal
3. Egan…. He’s clearly a top notch 9
2. Harris
1. Johnson

professional all round

Blair

Coach
3. Egan. Well, Cook's not in Blues contention, and on form today, Egan looks likely.
2. Tohu. 'Nuff said.
1. Johnson. He toys with the opposition these days. Will he go all the way this year?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He has so much time he saw and largely avoided Mitchell's elbow before it was raised!
The best thing about late career SJ is while he’s not as lightning quick as he was he’s still a thread with pace and footwork so it makes the opposition hang off and hesitate, and that’s a lot of what gives him that extra time. Hes the complete half now, no weak spots in his game.

Blair

Coach
The best thing about late career SJ is while he’s not as lightning quick as he was he’s still a thread with pace and footwork so it makes the opposition hang off and hesitate, and that’s a lot of what gives him that extra time. Hes the complete half now, no weak spots in his game.
We used to rail against him about the opposite of this, not being the complete half. Then he went to Cronulla, the rest is history.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We used to rail against him about the opposite of this, not being the complete half. Then he went to Cronulla, the rest is history.
And the best bit is that he still wasn’t this good when he was there- he obviously learned things in the time there but it’s Webster who has lifted him to this level.

Blair

Coach
And the best bit is that he still wasn’t this good when he was there- he obviously learned things in the time there but it’s Webster who has lifted him to this level.
Bugger, what could've been if he'd had a top coach all the way through.

Campion

Juniors
Wayde Egan has become so good that I think (if he stays injury free) he'll make origin (NSW I think?). I can't remember seeing a rake play this good for us since PJ Marsh (who made origin for QLD). Part of me doesn't want him to play origin because I want him to stay injury free for us :) But also good on him for always putting in the 100%

Izz

Bench
3 - Egan - Dominant
2 - SJ - Haven't given him points last couple weeks only because I wanted to give other them to others who played well, but couldn't ignore him again this week

Difficult to pick who to give the 1 to...

1 - TMM - Slotted straight in, and looked very good doing so

HMs - pretty much everyone. Jazz's hands let him down but he still managed 110+ metres.

Other thoughts:

Welcome back CNK. Mammoth first game back.
Harris awesome, as usual.
RTS struggled a bit defensively in the first half, I thought, but seemed to get it sorted in the second.
Hope Johnson resting for the last 10 minutes was just that, a rest, and not an injury worry. I notice that he seemed to pull up a bit lame after scoring his second try.
Laban looked good. Nearly let in a try in the dying seconds but CNK was there to cover up. Other than that, played with intensity, got a nice offload away.
Another decent game from Pompey.
AFB immense, as usual.
Hope Bunty's injury isn't too bad. He was actually looking pretty good until then, imo. Only ran 6 times but nearly half his run metres were post contact according to nrl.com stats.
Ale had another really good game.
Ford played well again.

Latrell is a grub who is trying to fight his grub instincts. Surely he'll get a week or two off for that elbow to Johnson's head?
Wighton was dangerous all game (helped in the first half by Roger's uncertainty in defense).
Only 2 Rabbits forwards ran for 100m+, while 6 of ours did.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
The 3 points is easy this week
3 - Egan. Like Myxamatosis on the Rabbits tonight
2- Harris The workrate of a second rower and the ball playing of a 5/8
1- Johnson. Seems like he has so much time.

HM Ford, TMM, Barnett, AFB, Berry

Laban did not look out of place,
x2. Good game from us.

Meth

Staff member
Difficult to pick who to give the 1 to...

1 - TMM - Slotted straight in, and looked very good doing so

Exactly how I felt.

Harris and AFB can be victims of their own consistency and availability

I was weighing up between TMM and CNK- both slotted in. To be honest, TMM’s performance was more of a surprise, so he got the point

Reactions: Izz