What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Tigers

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - AFBeast mode! Well deserved for a huge game from him. 25 runs, 235m and a try.
2 - Tohu
1 - SJ

bit of an ugly game with the wet, and the Tigers are certainly a team in the improve.

Blair

Coach
3. Fonua-Blake
2. Tohu
1. Johnson

Who else is feeling a bit bored? Like we're in this pre-finals holding pattern, where we're playing poorly but still winning? A part of me wants Manly to give us a reality check next weekend. It might do us the world of good.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3. Fonua-Blake
2. Tohu
1. Johnson

Who else is feeling a bit bored? Like we're in this pre-finals holding pattern, where we're playing poorly but still winning? A part of me wants Manly to give us a reality check next weekend. It might do us the world of good.
Yeah. We’ve pretty much sewn up a top 4 spot and can’t crack the top 2. I think Webster needs to cycle the roster a bit for the last 3 games, put a rocket up a few bums and give a few of the fringe guys who we might need valuable first grade game time.

Leber

Bench
3 afb
2 sj
1 metcalf

Barnett had his worst game in a wahs jersey. Also the Hamilton crowd sucked. This isn’t union.

GoSouths

Juniors
3 Afb
2 tohu
1 pompey

Not a DM but Metcalf is still making poor decisions. Laurie showed him up badly.
I dont understand why he doesnt operate in the middle more rather than trying to gas centres and wingers. Laurie gassed a 10 and an 8 to set up Brooks try. I understand why hes out there but starting to have concerns. At least he is linking in support well which made Barnetts job easier for the first try.

hitro

Juniors
3 AFB
2 Harris
1 Tuaupiki
Kind of a dud game ( still a win) generally but really dudding were
Barnett
Ford

sup42

Juniors
3- Fonua Blake
2- Johnson
1- Harris

HM- Niukore, Tauipiki- good on attack

we were awful

Same picks for me.

Losing our hooker with a rookie Fullback pretty much killed off our ability to show cohesion out there, not blaming the replacements, just a fact of life.

Did what we had to to stay in the top four, job done, troops back next week, Warriors will go up a gear or three vs quality opposition like Manly.

Expecting a brutal match coming next. Should be good for us, any kind of win would be great.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. AFB - Was our best by far.
2. Johnson - Once again kept his head when we threatened to lose the plot.
1. Harris - He's good every week honestly.

Don't underestimate how decent the Tigpies actually are, we were still seriously average though.
Nice to see we can squeak out wins but the basic errors have to stop.

Not too much reason to panic on anyone I feel (yet), we're a good team with a good plan.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Same picks for me.

Losing our hooker with a rookie Fullback pretty much killed off our ability to show cohesion out there, not blaming the replacements, just a fact of life.

Did what we had to to stay in the top four, job done, troops back next week, Warriors will go up a gear or three vs quality opposition like Manly.

Expecting a brutal match coming next. Should be good for us, any kind of win would be great.
Losing CNK really hobbled our backline. A lot of our attack on the edge relies n him chiming into the backline and creating overlaps, a part of the game that Tuapiki hasn’t developed yet, he was mainly trying to create chances himself with his footwork. I was impressed with his defensive positioning though.

Hov

Juniors
3 AFB
2 Tohu
1 SJ

Attack looked off at times but still scored 30 points. The 22 points scored by the Tigers is a concern though. I think a couple of tries directly off misleads by Metcalf which he needs to work hard on and then the Tigers attack had nothing to lose which made them dangerous. That short side raid was very impressive.

I thought Metcalf has gone away from what has been working for him. He was running too lateral and he has stopped his passing game. Makes for easy reads by defense which looked very clunky.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Addin Fonua Blake

Fonua Blake 42
Harris 23
Johnson 16

Metcalf 1
Pompey 1
Tauipiki 1

14 voted