What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Titans

Meth

Staff member
Ugly game. I'll probably need a couple of goes at this.

3- Johnson. A couple of big plays. Broke the early drought with his first try. Great play in the lead up and then support to finish in the second try. Kicking game wasn't good for the whole game, but he got it right towards the end.

2- Egan

1- Fonua-Blake

HM- Tauipiki- big ask to come on in those circumstances, but he did his job well and tidied up a lot.
DWZ- how good was that offload?

Thought Ford reverted to type. Deadset, what a blockhead he is.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3 - SJ (easily best player on the park)
2 - AFB (ridiculous post-contact metres all night)
1 - Tuipiki (thought his running game was great when he came on)

HM Egan, DWZ, Tevaga

no actual DMs but a lot of uncharacteristic errors, a lot of which were due to Titans pressure, they would not go away

GoSouths

Juniors
3 SJ
2 Harris
1 AFB

Stinker of a game. Warriors of old for 60mins of that game.
Jayden Campbell almost won that game single handed

Hov

Juniors
3 SJ
2 Egan
1 Tuaupiki

A lot of rust out there and so many blown opportunities. When you take the Walker forward pass and Metcalf chip as well as the Obstruction call should have won by 20 at least which is still encouraging despite the errors. Will accept that our errors were a result of it just being one of those days. If it carries on next week then I start to wonder what is going on.

Credit to Titans though - they did their homework and knew to jam the out the back shape which definitely stunted our attack.

morningstar

Juniors
3. SJ
2. AFB
1. Egan

Really dissapointing game. Fair play to the Titans spoiling tactics, that is footy. The refs are to blame for letting them get away with it and we got sucked in and brought down to Titans level.

Hopefully a lesson learned and we will have got more out of that than putting a score on them.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. SJ - Took full control in circumstances that needed a leader on the park
2. AFB - Getting us rolling forward in a big way almost every hit-up, total freak
1. Egan - We needed solid and reliable and his contributions were decisive

HM to Tuaupiki, busy and threatening the whole time which is really impressive from the young kid called upon late.
We looked better again when Walker came on.

Montoya, Jazz, Pompey and Ford all have derps in them - it's a real problem when they all pick the same night.

Otherwise we were fine honestly, we were a whisker from scoring two more and gifted the Tits that intercept.
I'm happy we can win making a ton of stupid errors - have to iron that out during finals time.

sup42

Juniors
3. SJ - Took full control in circumstances that needed a leader on the park
2. AFB - Getting us rolling forward in a big way almost every hit-up, total freak
1. Egan - We needed solid and reliable and his contributions were decisive

HM to Tuaupiki, busy and threatening the whole time which is really impressive from the young kid called upon late.
We looked better again when Walker came on.

Montoya, Jazz, Pompey and Ford all have derps in them - it's a real problem when they all pick the same night.

Otherwise we were fine honestly, we were a whisker from scoring two more and gifted the Tits that intercept.
I'm happy we can win making a ton of stupid errors - have to iron that out during finals time.

Agree we were not far off.

Defence on the whole was of the usual high standard, the Titans could not score using plays, they had to put Fafita on little Taine...who shouldn't have been there but for the Titans knocking out our fullback and best defender/

Then they had to use a kick for a try, get an intercept off a speculator offload from Ford.

Having said all of that the Titans were brilliant with twelve men. Credit where it is due, that was the best they have played all season.

I expect these bottom of the eight and thereabouts sides to lift against us, they always do, because for too long we have forgotten how to put the fear of god into teams.

Manly will aim up and be tough, as will the Dolphins.

Crucial win for our season, the main thing is we came away with the lollies.

Thought Taine Tuaupiki was brilliant, don't blame him for being bowled by Fafita, most will struggle in that situation.

There was still some crisp attack in stages in that game from us, and DWZs round the corner ball while being targeted for a 3 man hit to stop his Try scoring threat was pretty epic, best play of the game from a Warrior.

Shauns management when we needed it won the game.

I like how we are looking overall, ugly wins are part of every teams season.

Bit worried about how bye weeks see us come out flat, we have to get over that.

Blair

Coach
3. Johnson
2. Fonua-Blake
1. Harris

Tohu over Wayde just because of that last, humiliation/disaster-averting, try.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Not going to try and do a belated 3-2-1, but I did comment to mates while watching that Barnett seemed to have had a busy game, and the stats (which I am usually loathe to refer to) show he played more minutes than AFB and did plenty of work - so thought I'd chuck him an HM.

If Afoa and Ale aren't going to be in the 17 then that asks a lot of Barnett, to basically play as a frontline prop when he's a career backrower. Can't complain so far about his effort.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Shaun Johnson

Johnson 45
Fonua Blake 25
Egan 10

Harris 8
Tauipiki 2

15 voted