What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Broncos rd 14

DiegoNT

First Grade
3. Angus Chricton- he is developing so fast into a leader of the team

2. Sam Burgess- seemed to drift between the edge and the middle with good effect. Made some good plays at vital times

1. Adam Reynolds- think he proved a lot of the knockers wrong. His long kicks were finding the grass or putting the catchers under pressure, he forced a few repeat sets. His bombs were pinning players in corners and he set up 2 tries. The short drop out and short kick off sucked but they are always low percentage plays

Turners defence was great, Tom started the game on fire, Gray made some real tough carries. I don't think we had any bad players tonight

greg jay

Juniors
Crichton - Look out other teams are watching this young guy closely as he becomes a real star. Forget Cronk et al The Crisps need to LOCK THIS STUD UP before he is swamped.
Reynolds - Best game from Alf for 6 months or more. He seemed motivated and fitter. Much more aggression and focus. Looked more like the Dual Championship Reynolds than the imposter that had invaded his soul.
Sam B - Great effort however again involved in a costly fumble early in The Red Zone when The Crisps were threatening to take over. Also he could possibly have reached when he charged near The Posts the line was there. Looks like he is getting angry, a positive sign.
End note: Gray looks ready to explode and he appears frustrated. He is ready to be put back in the # 3 or #4. Hunt and Gray could form a strong centre combination just as they did at the tail end of last season. Goodwin and Alex outside may see a lot or scoring opportunities. The Crisps need to keep Alex or Gray or both in my view. Go WINGS OF EAGLES @ 66.5/1 in The UK Derby!!! Woooo!!!

greg jay

Juniors
Game that was certainly there to win. Fumbles were again very costly and should have scored more than 3 TDs. Team is now 4-9 and 13-24 in its past 37 games. Will Maguire last much longer??? Does he deserve to remain as Head Coach??? I did notice a Stat that came up mid way through the Second Half during the coverage: Bennett Offloads = 17 Maguire Offloads = 6. Perhaps there lay the difference and a stat that is very common in almost every game under Maguire.

English Rose

Juniors
3. Sam (Can't beilieve he still gets criticised when he is the best player week in week out)

2. Angus (Class - Like a younger version of Sam)

1. Musgrove (Thought he carried with purpose)

Goodwin and Tom Burgess did alright too

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Surgess
Crichton
Hunt- I can't believe me and Rabbit toes are the only ones to pick this guy. Hunt was outstanding last night and came up with some big plays in defence.

greg jay

Juniors
Yeah he is turning into 2014 auva'a. Him and Gagai are really the centre pairing that can make a difference at our club!
Je d'accord. However who will the other backs be especially if Walker Gray and Johnson depart?? Who plays 5/8 surely not old Johnny again??? And what about Inglis's body?? Can he actually cope any longer with the demands on his beaten up ageing corps??? Trouble with signing a player like Gagai in his prime is that the club will likely lose THREE starting backs. That means back to no name youngsters again and even.....Tugg Boat Talakai..... because the Cap has not been managed well.

greg jay

Juniors
3. Angus Chricton- he is developing so fast into a leader of the team

2. Sam Burgess- seemed to drift between the edge and the middle with good effect. Made some good plays at vital times

1. Adam Reynolds- think he proved a lot of the knockers wrong. His long kicks were finding the grass or putting the catchers under pressure, he forced a few repeat sets. His bombs were pinning players in corners and he set up 2 tries. The short drop out and short kick off sucked but they are always low percentage plays

Turners defence was great, Tom started the game on fire, Gray made some real tough carries. I don't think we had any bad players tonight
Yes they did. Mr. Magoo!!!

themacemaceman

Juniors
Game that was certainly there to win. Fumbles were again very costly and should have scored more than 3 TDs. Team is now 4-9 and 13-24 in its past 37 games. Will Maguire last much longer??? Does he deserve to remain as Head Coach??? I did notice a Stat that came up mid way through the Second Half during the coverage: Bennett Offloads = 17 Maguire Offloads = 6. Perhaps there lay the difference and a stat that is very common in almost every game under Maguire.
Although I agree with you Greg and would like to see more offloads , the stats also say it doesn't necessarily translate to winning football games.
The cowboys are currently ranked 16th in offloads , Sharks , Roosters and Storm are ranked 9,10,11 respectively.