What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 weeks between Origin games in 2005?

Glen

Bench
What do you guys think about this arrangement? I remember Phil Gould complaining about the long gap between the games this year. I know he complains about everything but I agree that it's too long. Having two club games between Origins gives too much time for the players to get injured. I think the series has better continuity when as many players as possible are retained and the previous game is still fresh in everyone's mind.

On the other hand, maybe it's too intense for the players to have the games closer together. But I think elite players should be able to handle it. Any thoughts?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yeah, I think your last paragraph is the case

Too much of a strain on players so they expanded the gap

Keep it the same

Copa

Bench
It also allows more time for a media build up, sells the brand a bit more, and more time for ticket sales.

LESStar58

Referee
Does tis mean that the series would start earlier in the season? The draw for 2005 already has the games set down for brisbane, Sydney and Brisbane....