What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2018 - INDIA WON BY 137 RUNS

TheParraboy

Staff member
series 1-1
2 tests to go

3 things

1. Australia most probably same lineup (Finch should be good to go, Handscomb last chance)

2. India possibly 2 changes Ashwin (if fit) will be in, wouldn't be surprised Jadeja in as well (Yadav and maybe Vihari out)

3. Will prey every day the Deck NOT TO BE A FRIGGIN ROAD

Matt23

Staff member
If it's a road again doesn't the MCG get suspended as a test venue...no tests on the dirty side of the Murray, Imagine the outrage...I suspect the other Darsh will be the only change coming in for Handscombe, he better not bat any higher then 6 though

Eelectrica

Referee
I'd be dropping Handscombe for Burns. Handscombe took some great catches, not taking that away, but India has his number.

Burns has been in good form in the shield, scored runs in his last test appearance, in unbelievable circumstances. I think he'd be un upgrade there.

All the other designated batsman have reached 50, so if they can do that, they can go on and reach a hundred next time. Handscombe hasn't even been close.

Eelectrica

Referee
If it's a road again doesn't the MCG get suspended as a test venue...no tests on the dirty side of the Murray, Imagine the outrage...I suspect the other Darsh will be the only change coming in for Handscombe, he better not bat any higher then 6 though

Nope. MCG was very lucky.
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/mcg...test-poor-rating-australia-england/2018-01-12
It was the first time an international venue in Australia had been rated 'poor'. The rating came just days before new regulations were introduced that would have seen the nation's most famous cricket ground slapped with three demerit points as part of a new 'name and shame' system from the ICC.

Timbo

Staff member
How on earth are we unchanged. Handscomb has been as effective with the bat as Glenn Trimble.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
600 million billion references to da 'G' and flogball before the first ball is bowled.

Its Melbourne so either the pitch will be a road or it it'll rain for days.

jargan83

Coach
600 million billion references to da 'G' and flogball before the first ball is bowled.

Its Melbourne so either the pitch will be a road or it it'll rain for days.

You’re not wrong, I just caught the last 2 minutes of Cricket 360 and that pissant Gerrard Wheatley must have mentioned the term “MCG” 7 times.

Timbo

Staff member
I think India probably drop Vihari, Umesh and Rahul for Pandya, Ashwin/Jadeja and Agarwal.

Batting still a bit iffy but strengthens what they had in Perth.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think India probably drop Vihari, Umesh and Rahul for Pandya, Ashwin/Jadeja and Agarwal.

Batting still a bit iffy but strengthens what they had in Perth.

Vihari has apparently opened in Ranji Trophy. And Rahane is being spoken about by Indian fans as a somewhat capable opener. Vijay could be given the axe instead of Vihari, especially if Ashwin isn't fit.

Whatever the option, big changes can only be good for us

Timbo

Staff member
Vihari has apparently opened in Ranji Trophy. And Rahane is being spoken about by Indian fans as a somewhat capable opener. Vijay could be given the axe instead of Vihari, especially if Ashwin isn't fit.

Whatever the option, big changes can only be good for us

Vihari makes sense up the order then. He averages about a thousand at FC level so there’s obviously something there.

lockyno1

Post Whore
How on earth are we unchanged. Handscomb has been as effective with the bat as Glenn Trimble.

We just won, was always likely to be unchanged. Who are the options?

Burns- if Finch is fit where is he batting? They aren't shifting our who side around.
Wade- would be in my side but he averages 28 at FC cricket let not pretend he's Bradman.
Patterson- he's made 1 ton this year, in the future possibly.

Honestly who is there?

Timbo

Staff member
We just won, was always likely to be unchanged. Who are the options?

Burns- if Finch is fit where is he batting? They aren't shifting our who side around.
Wade- would be in my side but he averages 28 at FC cricket let not pretend he's Bradman.
Patterson- he's made 1 ton this year, in the future possibly.

Honestly who is there?

Burns should be in batting at 5 you simpleton. Or did you miss Handscomb’s batting display in Adelaide and Perth?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ideally we want to win the next 2 tests and 3-1 series win, But I tell you what I want to see (dreaming I know)

We win here in Melbourne, series 2-1 (3 great test matches)

SGC is prepared as a concrete road ,sorry India beggers cant be choosers, when you have loved (demanded?) this way in the past ;), we bat and bat and bat....and bat. Hello again India remember 7/700+ at tuggers last test here.

India , commentators, people on here, world cricket are all pissed off that we batted India into submission for a draw. People say its not Australian, and our reply "You all wanted us to change our culture, so we have , and we won the series with a depleted top order against the no1 ranked test sidel" wooska :D

Better than sex

Latest posts