What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: England v South Africa at Lord's Aug 16-20, 2012

Hallatia

Referee
I went to sleep at tea and din't get up til after sumps, so I didn't catch any of the third session. England are now 5 down and trail by 101. Baristow is 72 not out. I think South Africa would want to finish this innings off 50 odd runs ahead. Early wickets are required. The new ball is due in 8 overs, that should help. I thought the second session was particularly strong from South Africa, I was disappointed to see that only one wicket had fallen in the third and that both Bell and Baristow had made half centuries in a partnership of over 100 runs

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bairstow the fella that replaced KP? Doing prettty well

Should get a great ton here if others hang around

Hallatia

Referee
I Parraboyed him.
He'll get his Lord's ton in the ODI there
my fault for not specifying test.

Hallatia

Referee
strangely glad to see Steyn dismissed. His bowling is far more important to the side than his batting and he just looked likely to get injured from these short balls. However, it looked like he could help see Jimmy Anderson get no balled out of the attack.

Hallatia

Referee
I felt like a declaration around the time Amla got dismissed, but knew that it would not be on the cards for a while - too much time left in the game, plus not wanting to give England a sniff etc etc. But now England are helping us not to need one. South Africa 268/6 lead by 262

TheParraboy

Staff member
poms 2/16 stumps day 4

another 330 to win

I reckon it will come down to the wire in a thrilling end

poms by 2 wickets

Hallatia

Referee
:lol:

It would take a massive choke for this to even be a draw. Question marks are starting to rise over Andrew Strauss's head which is interesting given the KP saga

TheParraboy

Staff member
:lol:

It would take a massive choke for this to even be a draw. Question marks are starting to rise over Andrew Strauss's head which is interesting given the KP saga

If anyone can, Seth Afrika can :D

(unless the great man bowls a lot of overs of course)

hawker

Juniors
Top class test match, although South Africa almost managed to choke again. I'm more confident of regaining the Ashes now but i think we might struggle against South Africa this summer. It should be an interesting series against them though

Timbo

Staff member
You have to wonder really...

We played that Mickey Mouse ODI series in between the two test series.

If they were so desperate for content, why didn't they make this a 4 or 5 test series and scrap the Australia tour?

That series was a wonderful advertisment for test cricket and it's a travesty it was only 3 matches, especially since last season they played India in a woefully lopsided 4 match series.

Top class test match, although South Africa almost managed to choke again. I'm more confident of regaining the Ashes now but i think we might struggle against South Africa this summer. It should be an interesting series against them though

Top class series, even though the South African's romped in the first test.

You have to wonder really...

We played that Mickey Mouse ODI series in between the two test series.

If they were so desperate for content, why didn't they make this a 4 or 5 test series and scrap the Australia tour?

That series was a wonderful advertisment for test cricket and it's a travesty it was only 3 matches, especially since last season they played India in a woefully lopsided 4 match series.

Agree with all of it particularly the bolded part. Such a great series and I think it was Nasser Hussain or Mike Atherton that kept on saying first innings scores of 300 often produce better tests and he was right.

Latest posts