What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: India v Australia at Ranchi on Mar 16-20, 2017

Quite literally, the best day of cricket I have seen an Australian side play in a very long time.

I've been begging for a 'draw' like this for a while now. But no, we continued to throw games away for a loss.

Perhaps those Warner supporters who think attack attack attack is always the best option should sit down and watch this full day's play on loop.

Here's hoping it's a sign of things to come.

Bring on the 4th test.

And LU...line on up. I'm waiting.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Quite literally, the best day of cricket I have seen an Australian side play in a very long time.

I've been begging for a 'draw' like this for a while now. But no, we continued to throw games away for a loss.

Perhaps those Warner supporters who think attack attack attack is always the best option should sit down and watch this full day's play on loop.

Here's hoping it's a sign of things to come.

Bring on the 4th test.

And LU...line on up. I'm waiting.
I havent showered and im sweaty cos ive been watching COPS.

Eelectrica

Referee
Top effort from Marsh and Handscombe, take a bow.
Pity Marsh couldn't last 'till stumps, but this is exactly what was needed. This tour really exceeding expectations. One more test and anything seems possible, but I'd take another draw.

undertaker

Coach
Well done to Marsh and Handscomb for batting through day 5.

When was the last time an aussie side forced a draw batting through day 5? 2005?

I don't know if you would call Sri Lanka vs Australia, Colombo 2011 when Clarke and Hussey batted most of day 5 to save a test.

England vs Australia, Old Trafford 2005 we batted all of day 5 just to hang on for a draw

undertaker

Coach
such a shame India and Australia don't play 5-test match series, such as England recently have against India.

Australia vs India is definitely worthy of a 5-test match series. Also, would've loved to have seen Australia play at Kolkata, where we haven't played at since the 2003 TVS Cup Final.

JJ

Immortal
For all the whining about wickets this has simply been a great series

Real quality from both sides, fine partnership today from Marsh and Handscomb

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
For all the accolades that Handscombe bad Smarsh have received in the media for "saving" the test match they are part of the reason it needed saving.

I might be being a bit hard on them but they both failed, along with Warner, in the first innings and there really was no issues with the pitch. If they had applied themselves better in the first innings the test match would not have needed to be saved and we could have put a lot more scoreboard pressure on the Vrat's mob.

At least Handscombe has changed his technique and is now playing forward a lot more and he has learned how to bat on these pitches.

With our much improved effort we are showing improvement on previous visits to India and the 4th test match should be pretty close. Although this was a draw, nothing has changed really, we always needed to win 2 matches to retain the BG trophy and that hasn't changed.

No doubt the 4th test pitch will be a result test so back to the pitches that we played on in the first 2 tests but gonna be hard to win batting second.

Latest posts