What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

phonetic

Juniors
Jimmy Maher unloading deluxe on the whole state of the game and the attitude festering in Australian cricket atm, and the lack of leadership in the game today. i hate to admit it but he's spot on.

He made some good points. Went into bat for his mate Boof though, he somewhat lost me there... if the system is so rotten, the head coach of the national team doesn't get a free pass Jim.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Why didnt they use mints like the poms in 05?

Some people overreacting here.
This is the exact reason, CA should come down hard, the ICC will be weak as piss and players clearly think this is something they can get away with, or cop a fine and 'learn from it'.

Wizardman

First Grade
This should be a line in the sand for the Australian Cricket Team and the disgraceful way some individuals have conducted themselves over recent years. Cheating is not the Australian way of doing things and should not be tolerated in any shape or form.
Cameron Bancroft should have a long suspension for his immense stupidity and low character by tampering a ball in front of multiple cameras.
By instructing a rookie player to do this, Steve Smith should lose his captaincy and also cop a long suspension. To put a young player in a position to cheat shows total lack of leadership on Smith's part. For him to stay on would be akin to Barnaby Joyce's lack of accountability for his recent scandals.
All individuals involved with the issue should be sent home. I'd rather lose with honesty than to win in disgrace.
On a different matter, David Warner has absolutely no right to whinge about the sledging from the South African team and crowds. He is possibly the biggest sledger in world cricket. If you are going to give it, then you must have a thick enough skin to take it. To cry like he has is a reflection on him as an individual of low character.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I have never been more shocked by an on field sporting story in my life. And how can Smith admit to what he did admit and still think he is worthy of the captaincy? By his own words he disqualified himself.

Bancroft and Smith should be suspended. Lehmann should be sacked. And no player who knew of this ahead of time can be made captain.

P.S. Anyone comparing this to the underarm incident. This is much worse. That was immoral. This is immoral AND illegal.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He made some good points. Went into bat for his mate Boof though, he somewhat lost me there... if the system is so rotten, the head coach of the national team doesn't get a free pass Jim.
Agree with Boof, i really believe besides that clown Sutherland Boof should be the first to go.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have never been more shocked by an on field sporting story in my life. And how can Smith admit to what he did admit and still think he is worthy of the captaincy? By his own words he disqualified himself.

Bancroft and Smith should be suspended. Lehmann should be sacked. And no player who knew of this ahead of time can be made captain.

P.S. Anyone comparing this to the underarm incident. This is much worse. That was immoral. This is immoral AND illegal.
The underarm while being completely f**ked was at least in the rules.

ek999

First Grade
Jimmy Maher unloading deluxe on the whole state of the game and the attitude festering in Australian cricket atm, and the lack of leadership in the game today. i hate to admit it but he's spot on.
It isn' just Australian cricket. It is the whole sport internationally. In most sports there is camaraderie amongst the players even if they are doing all they can to win. In international cricket that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Instead there seems to be real hatred

Smith, Warner , Bancroft and Lehmann at least need a 12 month ban but I would prefer much longer (I wouldn't care f they ever play/coach again). I would much rather lose to Zimbabwe by playing in the right spirit than be the best team in the world by cheating

Mr Spock!

Referee
This is the exact reason, CA should come down hard, the ICC will be weak as piss and players clearly think this is something they can get away with, or cop a fine and 'learn from it'.

Well the poms copped.....nothing......and won the Ashes.....

Eelectrica

Referee
For the rest of this tour the Aussie players should be made to turn out their pockets as they walk on the field. Public humiliation would do some good here I think.

Mr Spock!

Referee
It isn' just Australian cricket. It is the whole sport internationally. In most sports there is camaraderie amongst the players even if they are doing all they can to win. In international cricket that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Instead there seems to be real hatred

Smith, Warner , Bancroft and Lehmann at least need a 12 month ban but I would prefer much longer (I wouldn't care f they ever play/coach again). I would much rather lose to Zimbabwe by playing in the right spirit than be the best team in the world by cheating

Dude, do you even watch nrl....

Players cheat all the time.....

shiznit

Coach
Law 1.4 from the official MCC Rule Book...

1.4 Responsibility of captains

The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within The Spirit of Cricket as well as within the Laws. See The Preamble – The Spirit of Cricket and Law 41.1 (Fair and unfair play – responsibility of captains).

:copyright: Marylebone Cricket Club 2017
from: https://www.lords.org/mcc/laws-of-cricket/laws/law-1-the-players/

That’s pretty sad that Smith just blows it off like it’s a learning experience for him...

He seriously doesn’t take the prestigious position he’s in as serious as he should.

As much as I used to love to take the piss out of McCullum and his spirit of cricket award rubbish...

I’d be f**king embarrassed if he pulled this...

billygilmore

Juniors
Means rather than owning it and falling on his sword he has implicated others that may have had little or no say. Gutless

Exactly, now we have everyone talking about “who’s in the leadership group” “How many are involved”. Smith could have shut that shit down, owned up and said it was all him.

Instead he acts like a kid when there caught out, “it wasn’t just me, everyone was involved”, now he has to name people cause the speculation won’t go away

shiznit

Coach
Exactly, now we have everyone talking about “who’s in the leadership group” “How many are involved”. Smith could have shut that shit down, owned up and said it was all him.

Instead he acts like a kid when there caught out, “it wasn’t just me, everyone was involved”, now he has to name people cause the speculation won’t go away
Now all we need is for him to come up with the drugs cheaters excuse of... everyone else is doing it... so I did it...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

exactly, Faf has been convicted twice for ball tampering and never missed one game

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/faf...punishment-adelaide-test-australia/2016-11-22

its common in other countries but its just unAustralian for mine.

I hope CA do more than the ICC who will just fine Bancroft as he is the only one thats been charged, so far

Eelectrica

Referee

Smithy has made a lot of mistakes. If he can learn from them, he'll at least have the brains of a pre-schooler in no time.