What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

BunniesMan

Immortal
'We'll learn from this and get past it'.

He really, really doesn't get it. This is not some minor f**kup mate.

I reckon Smith probably went to bed last night thinking he'll get a slap on the wrist. Wait till he checks the internet when he wakes up tomorrow.
The way he spoke he seemed to think it was about the equivalent of the Rabada shoulder tap as a crime.

I cannot fathom how every conspirator involved gets any less than a long term suspension. But then I couldn't fathom how this could happen in the first place and it did so who knows.

Tommy Smith

Referee
yep, I get that - but the "leadership group" decided this... collectively they decided to cheat? Just so poor it's hilarious - Tyson was on his own with the world watching - he didn't sit down with 3-4 advisors and decide to have his brain snap

They are just annoyed they got caught
And what's scary is that mid 90s Mike Tyson, Mr "I wanna eat your children", is probably more level headed than Dave Warner.

I mean Iron Mike bit Evander's ear in the ultimate heat of the moment - the middle of a boxing round.

Smith and his "leadership group" performed their 'moment of madness' whilst enjoying tea and croissants.

It's so crazy it's surreal. f**k I LOVE SPORT. Reality tv at its finest.

Jake86

Juniors
Needs to be someone who’s guaranteed their place for at least a year, Khawaja is on shaky ground form wise.

If we rule out the leadership group*, only options are Khawaja, MMarsh, SMarsh, Paine and Cummins. I'm not sure any of them is guaranteed a spot long term other than Cummins, but he's not really an option for captain (too young, inexperienced, injury prone and a fast bowler).

Probably has to be Paine, in short term at least

*Only going by what I read somewhere else, still not clear who is in this group or who knew

If we rule out the leadership group*, only options are Khawaja, MMarsh, SMarsh, Paine and Cummins. I'm not sure any of them is guaranteed a spot long term other than Cummins, but he's not really an option for captain (too young, inexperienced, injury prone and a fast bowler).

Probably has to be Paine, in short term at least

*Only going by what I read somewhere else, still not clear who is in this group or who knew

Well even if Warner didn’t know, he can’t be captain. But I’d say he knew.

It’ll be Paine.

blaza88z

Coach
We can still win this game, Bancroft should walk out there with an angle grinder.. what's the worst that can happen? he and a few of his mates will be doing the global T20 tour for the remainder of their career

Tiger5150

Bench
Proteas captain Faf du Plessis was fined his entire match fee and handed three demerit points for changing the condition of a ball with a mint in the Hobart Test in November 2016

I guess if we are gonna bag Smith from pillar to post

What we think of Faf?

Who cares? What do we, as Australian Cricket fans think of our Captain cheating?

Jake86

Juniors
I thought it was a parody when it came up on alerts this morning. Some of the quotes looked they came out of betoota advocate.

One of the major reasons this has occurred is because of how weak the ICC have been in ball tampering.

It’s not an excuse, just the reality. Du Plessis gets found guilty and doesn’t even miss a match?! Of course others are going to try it.

blaza88z

Coach
One of the major reasons this has occurred is because of how weak the ICC have been in ball tampering.

It’s not an excuse, just the reality. Du Plessis gets found guilty and doesn’t even miss a match?! Of course others are going to try it.

I hate that it is barely mentioned, what if Bancroft just cops it and the team doesn't get behind him?

It's near a non event given Bancroft is still new to the team