What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations game 4 - England v Australia

TommyGun

Juniors
I reckon inglis will struggle fitness wise but australia will have too much class for england. Australia will target Tomkins

JonG

Juniors
I think it will all depend on Englands Discipline and error rate. If they keep them low then they will win.

Australia's first 2 tries against NZ were on the back of 1 soft penalty and a fumbled high ball. They finished well enough, but both of them were a simple "lets run over benji marshall". God knows what Marshall was doing so close to the ruck for the first try, but England won't make the same mistake.

The 3rd and 4th try were good and well taken, and the fifth was due to another penalty taking Aus into NZ territory.

In previous years Aus have dominated England out wide, but this back line is the strongest defensively I think we have had in all 3/4 nations comps. With players like Chase, Roby, Widdop, Tomkins and Sinfield we also have enough strike and organisational force to put points on the board.

I still think the England forwards are the best pack in the 4 nations, but they need to get rid of Wilkin and put in Carvell for a bit more grunt.

Howver, If England are indisciplined and give the Aussies an easy 40m time and time again then they will get slaughtered.

All in all If England have a similar error and penalty count as the Aussies then it will be England by 4.

A higher count will see the Aussies by 14

Parra Pride

Coach
It will be just like the last time they played, the Poms will be in it for a goid 60 odd minutes before they drop off and the Aussies run riot.

campbo

Juniors
I predict:

Australia 40 England 18 - but with about 10-15mins to go it will be close, maybe 24-18.

MOTM: Got a feeling Lockyer is going to have a big one.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Heinington will sing the aussie anthem, the ref will blow the pea out of the whistle in a direct contrast to the pom last week, england will either be blown off the park in the first 20 or make it an arm wrestle for an hour before the floodgates open and the roos smash them and then england will declare they were the better team

Inglis will spend most of the game with his hands on his hips, but he either scores or sets up tries with his 4 touches of the ball. Thurston will be fined for make gestures towards the crowd and uate will break about 20 tackles on kcik returns

Chook Norris

First Grade
Heinington will sing the aussie anthem, the ref will blow the pea out of the whistle in a direct contrast to the pom last week, england will either be blown off the park in the first 20 or make it an arm wrestle for an hour before the floodgates open and the roos smash them and then england will declare they were the better team

Inglis will spend most of the game with his hands on his hips, but he either scores or sets up tries with his 4 touches of the ball. Thurston will be fined for make gestures towards the crowd and uate will break about 20 tackles on kcik returns

lol. The Heighington situation will be interesting, he will probably stay quiet during both anthems though. Agree with Inglis

hitman82

Bench
My predictions:

Greg Inglis to look disgusting.

Morley to decapitate a couple of Australian players in true old school style.

Lockyer to look like a re-animated corpse.

T-Rex to score within 5 minutes of coming on.

...kind of hard to gauge how good either side is, as they have both played against inferior opposition for their last two games. Normally I wouldn't rate England much chance but their NRL / Kiwi players have been going very well for them, and their forwards are as ugly and effective as always.

England 20 vs Australia 18 :cool:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
England winning would be kinda cool in that it opens the tournament right up. Possibility of the main three getting 2 wins a piece or Aus not making the final, but from a Kiwis point of view we need to Aus to smash them.