What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4N in Coventry - Why ?

siv

First Grade
Can someone explain why we played the 4N last night in Coventry

On the south side of Birmingham halway to Rugby

Traffic for anyone in the Liverpool - Manchester - Hull corridor would be horrendous

Crowd looked poor last night for a possible sellout event

If the philosophy is to expand and grow, that's fine.

But it doesn't explain Hull and Workington.

And it doesn't excuse heaps of empty seats due to terrible kickoff times, poor promotion or both.

We hear lots of hot air coming from the NRL about expansion, but i see no real desire from the NRL to expand.
Most NRL clubs seem poorly run to me and don't seem to understand the first rule of businesss and that "You can't have more going out than coming in"

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great stadium, reasonable crowd and inspiring to see RL finally have the self confidence to start taking important games to non RL cities. This years main tournament schedule/games has seen the games in:
Perth (warm up)
Coventry
London
Liverpool

all non RL cities. Brilliant to see!
And for the traditionalists Hull, Huddersfield and Workington (though these will probably be by far the lowest crowds)

As for waiting for the heartlands to miraculously become this mythical unmeasurably strong base for the games expansion, 121 years not long enough?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
We hear lots of hot air coming from the NRL about expansion, but i see no real desire from the NRL to expand.
Most NRL clubs seem poorly run to me and don't seem to understand the first rule of businesss and that "You can't have more going out than coming in"

Considering the NRL itself is taking that same approach (last year lost $21million but who cares as the next TV deal will bring in loads) it is not surprising the club culture of business.