What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI: England v South Africa at Lord's Sep 2, 2012

TheParraboy

Staff member
Game kicks off tomorrow in this format of the game, 5 game series

Poms could go to no1 in ODI in this series

vvvrulz

Coach
Aren't the poms already number one? Even if they aren't I definitely would rather see the South Africans on top. Should be an interesting series.

TheParraboy

Staff member
poms and SA are equal first actually, so winner in this series gets sole bragging rights

Hallatia

Referee
and this match is currently in a massive delay.

South Africa left Steyn out, won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Teams:
England
Alastair Cook (captain), Ian Bell, Jonathan Trott, Ravi Bopara, Eoin Morgan, Craig Kieswetter (keeper), Tim Bresnan, Chris Woakes, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Steven Finn.

South Africa
Graeme Smith, Hashim Amla, Dean Elgar, AB de Villiers (captain and keeper), JP Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Ryan McLaren, Wayne Parnell, Robin Peterson, Morne Morkel, Lonwabo Tsotsobe

Hallatia

Referee
Tsolikile still waiting for his turn, he played in the tour match they had before this ODI

Hallatia

Referee
as the first one did not quite happen, I have decided to recycle the thread for use for the second one which hopefully does happen.

Hallatia

Referee
South Africa won the toss and elected to bat first with the same line up as they had for the first ODI. So still no Steyn. Patel is in for Woakes in the England XI

Hallatia

Referee
Rosebowl looks a picture at the moment
I actually really like this venue even though it is kind of suburban

IanG

Coach
Caught a bit of it last night

South Africa 5 for 287 (50 Overs)
Hashim Amla 150 (124)
Graeme Smith 52 (76)
AB de Villiers 28 (29)
Graeme Swann 2 for 50 (10)
Steven Finn 1 for 59 (10)

England 204 (40.4 Overs)
Ian Bell 45 (41)
Samit Patel 45 (51)
Eoin Morgan 27 (48)
Wayne Parnell 2 for 30 (7)
Morne Morkel 2 for 29 (5.4)
Robin Peterson 2 for 51 (9)

South Africa won by 80 runs

Hallatia

Referee
Amla absolutely on fire, became the fastest man to amass 3000 and did it 12 innings faster than Sir. Viv, who is now second

South Africa absolutely schooled England, this was without Kallis or Steyn too. I think we're asserting some dominance now. Number One in all three formats. Let the dynasty commence.

Patorick

Staff member
Amla absolutely on fire, became the fastest man to amass 3000 and did it 12 innings faster than Sir. Viv, who is now second

South Africa absolutely schooled England, this was without Kallis or Steyn too. I think we're asserting some dominance now. Number One in all three formats. Let the dynasty commence.
Cricket_World_Cup_trophy_2.png

Hallatia

Referee
:lol:
I'm not sure whether or not I care if we ever win one. I suppose it would help in some regards. I think with Kirsten there and the way we're moving we should win everything for a while. That's what I like to think anyway. I do believe that we have a very well rounded team and everyone is doing their job and in good from so we should move forward really well right now, I guess it's just one series at a time though. This Summer should be plenty of fun

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The Seth Efrikans are giving us the perfect blue print on how to dismantle the Poms..

Should be a good summer as we always perform well against Seth Efrika (barring the 47)..

Hallatia

Referee
Steyn is in for this third ODI which is under way right now. After 26 overs, things seem about even to me. South Africa who won the toss and elected to bat first are 122/3

TheParraboy

Staff member
England won the 3rd ODI and reclaim the no1 ODI ranking, gee that was a real quick choke by the proteas ;)

4th ODI starts tomorrow 2nd Sept

Last edited:

Hallatia

Referee
it seems as though it is not easy being number one at the moment

forth ODI is on tonight. Come on Proteas!

Hallatia

Referee
I meant to mention that this one starts a bit earlier than the others have. I believe this one starts at 7:15pm Australian Eastern. 10:15am local

TheParraboy

Staff member
SA (yet again) struggling without the great man

4/133 in the 35th over

Poms to win this one easily

TheParraboy

Staff member
poms won, lead series 2-1, are in the sun, for some fun

5th and final ODI wed sept 5

Latest posts