What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5/8 options

Girds89

Bench
I know exactly how good he is. I also seemingly understand our cap structure better than most. Outside backs can come and go like nothing. To'o is the exception

Lol. The most important player in our future in the backline is tago. No ifs or buts.

The kid can be one of the best centres of all time.

Hes 21...

Hes already destroyed some of the best players on the game.

I mean 2 years ago he destroyed a seasoned origin player in gagai.

This year against the storm he went god mode.

For the amount ppl frothed on critta,including you, it still shocks me how many dont realise how good tago could be..

He gets his body right and stays fit this year and i think he pases manu as the best centre in the game easy

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Lol. The most important player in our future in the backline is tago. No ifs or buts.

Hes 21...

For the amount ppl frothed on critta,including you, it still shocks me how many dont realise how good tago could be..

He gets his body right and stays fit this year and i think he pases manu as the best centre in the game easy
Nope

Iamback

Coach
Mate hes always going to be our halfback.

Theres no if or buts about it..theres no spin you can put on it.

Hes never going to be a 9 as you once thought.

Hes going to be the goat and the best 7 of all time. Period. Thats it.

I dont care if he plays 2md reciever 50% of the game in the future.

There's gunna be one bloke calling the shots.

You are splitting hairs here like you often do.

He is going to be both sides. The question is what do we do if he is trapped on one side or tackled on the 4th.

Do we play someone in the '6' that can end a set well or do we go someone that offers something?

That is really the conversion. Not the arguing you are taking down for no reason

Iamback

Coach
Ppl are very very quick to forget how good he was in his debut year.

He was as good as turuva but better finishing

Makes me laugh how short ppls memories are.

May is a very very good footy player.

Centre is a huge ask this year but i expect him to give it a red hot go.

If he can hit the ground running and get some confidence in that knee he will have a big year.

Personally i think tago is going to be the best centre in the game.

Everyone else is warming the spot till casey mclean is ready.

If he is a dud at centre?

You then have To'o and Turuva/May on the other wing. No point keeping both of them, that is chins point.

Hes 21...

Surely this is deliberate hyperbole;, he is a long way away from being the best in the game.

Daine Laurie has mostly played FB and because of that. His body coming through the grades has been mostly conditioned to play FB.

There are obvious challenges defending at six for someone that hasn't done it much. Physical and then there is timing.
If the club see him as a future six. You can expect him to be better conditioned in upper body. Along with overall improvement in our systems. Learning off Nathan and Luai this season will be a benefit for any future half at the club.

It is certainly reasonable to suggest he could be a future six here with improvements and better halves experience.

Girds89

Bench
You are splitting hairs here like you often do.

He is going to be both sides. The question is what do we do if he is trapped on one side or tackled on the 4th.

Do we play someone in the '6' that can end a set well or do we go someone that offers something?

That is really the conversion. Not the arguing you are taking down for no reason

Splitting hairs hahah??

I mean i was just responding to yourself and others that suggested he may go to 6 cause hell be playing both sides of the ruck more haha.

There will be plenty of times throughout the year hes trapped on the 4th etc. Thats footy.

Whoever is 6 in 2025 will have earmed first crack. Im sure a few will get an opportunity Nd whoever does get the job will probs do well because the competition for spots to get into this team has been a big reason for our continued success.

Blokes like cole laurie and schnieder know theyve got 12 months to iron out and kicks in their game. Be doing heaps of extras etc. That is what competition for spots does.

Girds89

Bench
Surely this is deliberate hyperbole;, he is a long way away from being the best in the game.

Really?? Whose a better centre than him?
Going through ever clubs squad players better than him-
Critta
Manu
Farnworth

Players that are pretty equal atm-
Staggs
Holmes
Campbell graham
Bradman best

Ive tried to be as fair as i could here..

When he was at top fitness last year he was well above staggs, Holmes, grahman amd best.. was definitely in that critta, manu farnworth territory..

He just needs to get the body right and stay fit on the park all year and he will be permanently in that top group and push towards the top imo.

Critta was very consistent but Ive already seen tago do things critta cant. He is just an animal with the ball in hand when he is fit. Hes defence was not elite but again when he was fit there was no issues there.

Critta
Manu
Farnworth

Staggs
Holmes
Campbell graham
Bradman best

When he was at top fitness last year he was well above staggs, Holmes, grahman amd best.. was definitely in that critta, manu farnworth territory..

He just needs to get the body right and stay fit on the park all year and he will be permanently in that top group and push towards the top imo.

Critta was very consistent but Ive already seen tago do things critta cant. He is just an animal with the ball in hand when he is fit. Hes defence was not elite but again when he was fit there was no issues there.
Fair enough; we all have our favourites and Tago has a lot of potential. I personally think all of those mentioned are better than Tago today, and I would even add a few others; Penisini is one I think is very good.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Critta
Manu
Farnworth

Staggs
Holmes
Campbell graham
Bradman best

The fat "fullback" who plays for Souths is the actual best

Iamback

Coach
Splitting hairs hahah??

I mean i was just responding to yourself and others that suggested he may go to 6 cause hell be playing both sides of the ruck more haha.

There will be plenty of times throughout the year hes trapped on the 4th etc. Thats footy.

Whoever is 6 in 2025 will have earmed first crack. Im sure a few will get an opportunity Nd whoever does get the job will probs do well because the competition for spots to get into this team has been a big reason for our continued success.

Blokes like cole laurie and schnieder know theyve got 12 months to iron out and kicks in their game. Be doing heaps of extras etc. That is what competition for spots does.

Well you can't watch that last 20 mins and say he wasn't playing 5/8th and 7. I mean for the Critta try he actually got a pass from Cogger.

So he may of the been the kicker and did most of the organising but he benefitted from the space

So if that is how is going to play it will be very effective

That is the discussion what you want from a 6. I have said Cole looks my preference because he was a 7. Can play both sides so if he needs to go on the right side to end a set he can do it.

12 months though is a long time. Who we have at centre also needs to play apart. Someone like Garner will Cole doesn't work you need some spark

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I’d love to see Izzy Katoa back from the Dolphins.
I think he’d be great with Nathan.

From within.

I think it will be a shootout between Daine and Jacky boy. Who ever has the better 24.

If I was better on anyone, I’d put my money on Cole, just based on his defensive ability.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Hes 21...

A centre is never going to be the most important player in our system. Just doesn’t work that way.

Girds89

Bench
A centre is never going to be the most important player in our system. Just doesn’t work that way.

I never said they were... you didnt read the posts obviously.

Smug was talking about too being the most important player in the backline in the future.

I said it will be tago. Backline being 1-5

Latest posts