What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

500k for a winger

Apey

Staff member
Oh I forgot about the old troll thread. I can move them there if people prefer.

Apey

Staff member
IanG is next, if he won't bring back "Ian's Insight" I will :sarcasm:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I hope he plays for Fiji this World Cup. Will be good for us (Fiji) and he will prob come back to younguys on a high like the last World Cup where he carved everyone up.

Rolla

Juniors
Just read that Aku is number 5 in the NRL for metres this year and number 1 for kick returns.

Not his best year no doubt but lets not forget the things even an out of form Aku brings to this team.

Jono078

Referee
Just read that Aku is number 5 in the NRL for metres this year and number 1 for kick returns.

Not his best year no doubt but lets not forget the things even an out of form Aku brings to this team.
Exactly.

People are quick to be harsh on him because he hasn't produced what he has like the previous 3 seasons, but he's still a very valuable winger.

I even read some wanting Mantellato to replace him, come on :lol:

Apey

Staff member
He was very disappointing today. Hope he clicks into gear next week.

Frederick

Staff member

That's all well and good, but what's the use if he can't get the basics right? He ran away from the kick that led to their try ffs! He also crabs across field waaaaaaaaay too much

perverse

Referee
I didn't think he was bad today aside from completely losing the plot on that Hayne kick, lol.

Apey

Staff member
Just thought he ran sideways too much tbh. Made a few good straight and hard runs. I like it when he runs sideways then straightens up and makes a bit of a bust but lately he's been running sideways and then tackled back a few metres.

Apey

Staff member
I didn't think he was bad today aside from completely losing the plot on that Hayne kick, lol.

I would love to know what he was thinking, he looked like one of those dogs chasing the rabbit at the races, sprinting off in the wrong direction :lol:

Rolla

Juniors

Nah he wasn't that bad, and I'm glad he did what he did on the Hayne kick because it gave me a few good minutes of laughter.

It reminded me of when you play fetch with a dog and they decide to bolt to where they think you are throwing it and lose track of where it is in the process.

One thing is for sure with Aku - Never a dull moment!

Rolla

Juniors
Just thought he ran sideways too much tbh. Made a few good straight and hard runs. I like it when he runs sideways then straightens up and makes a bit of a bust but lately he's been running sideways and then tackled back a few metres.

Not too worried about the sideways runs so long as it isn't all the time. As mentioned he is about as good as it gets for metres so hard to criticise.

He has actually shown in the past he can put a player through a hole when he crabs across field because he attracts so much attention. I wouldn't mind seeing a few straight runners to get the defences attention while he darts across.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
That happened last week against Broncos. He crabbed across field then got the ball away to roberts who sent Luliea off to score!! Sometimes it works, other times, not so much.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Has Aku had any contact - however incidental - with George Carmont? I mean, have they sat on the same toilet seat or become eskimo brothers?

Rod

Bench
Jesus don't scare me like that, my first thought was for tomorrow :fist:.

The first consideration to make re: Fiji situation will be if he makes the Aussie squad or not.

RABK

Referee
Yeh i first read that as in regards to tomorrows game. However on the topic McManus is in doubt, decision expected just before kick off whether he or Kev will take the field.

Latest posts