What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gherkin

Juniors
I don't think our roster is actually that bad. Obviously we struggle for depth but we're not the only club in that position.
We get Lomax next year who will start in place of Harper. Simonson has been quite good this year, has the physical attributes to be a good player but appears to have some mental lapses. Russell played his worst game in 1st grade a couple of weeks ago and deserved to be dropped but I think he will come good. Our halves are obviously quality, we just need to keep them on the park.
In the forwards we desperately need a hooker. MA coming through but won't be a realistic option until '26. Reg's form was good to start the year but dropped off significantly with his family stuff going on, he'll be back to his best and the rest of the pack will roll off the back of that. Lane is a major worry, has shown some glimpses this year but really isn't at the level we need him. I think Guymer will eventually step into this position as a Liam Martin style player, but next year might be too soon for him as a starter.

Delboy

First Grade
Thing is, Liam Martin was 22 when he effectively made his debut, and had learned his trade in reggies with only the odd game in NRL, pushing young players too quickly as forwards isn’t always the best outcome.

Cloeel

Juniors
Thing is, Liam Martin was 22 when he effectively made his debut, and had learned his trade in reggies with only the odd game in NRL, pushing young players too quickly as forwards isn’t always the best outcome.

Can also be to the detriment of keeping them at the club unfortunately.

Gronk

Staff member
The Parra Podcast, this week with Ham and Burty, totally unload on Sivo.

Avenger

Immortal
The Parra Podcast, this week with Ham and Burty, totally unload on Sivo.

The convenor of that podcast goes too hard and has no diplomacy. As much as TCT podcast can be too soft on some issues these guys are over the top and frankly make shit up.