What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Ashes Test: Australia v England at the SCG, Jan 4-8 2018

Bazal

Post Whore
How on Earth did he think that was worth a review? That might be the worst review I've ever seen, there is absolutely no way he doesn't know he's gloved that, it's almost broken his f**king thumb!

King hit

Coach
Our selectors do deserve some credit. They made some big decisions that weren’t popular before the first test and during the series and they have paid off with a big series victory.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Former English allrounder Ian Botham has slammed Australia's batsmen as the worst he has seen in 40 years.

"I think this Australian batting line-up is the worst I have ever seen in modern times," Botham said.

"You have to go back to the late 70s with the Packer split to have seen a worse Australian line-up. I'm not that bothered (about them)."

Bazal

Post Whore
Our selectors do deserve some credit. They made some big decisions that weren’t popular before the first test and during the series and they have paid off with a big series victory.

Do they though? I mean yeah, Darsh Squared has scored runs, but this England side has been abysmal for the most part.

King hit

Coach
Do they though? I mean yeah, Darsh Squared has scored runs, but this England side has been abysmal for the most part.

The Marsh brothers were criticised by everyone but they have proved people wrong regardless of the opposition. Before the first test people were going wtf when they saw Paines name but he has kept beautifully.

Bazal

Post Whore
The Marsh brothers were criticised by everyone but they have proved people wrong regardless of the opposition. Before the first test people were going wtf when they saw Paines name but he has kept beautifully.

I don't think anyone but LesbianTrain doubted Paine's ability as a keeper, it was more a "WTF" selection because he wasn't even playing for his state.

As for the Marsh brothers, well done to them, they scored buckets. But I'm under no illusions as to the quality of the side they faced and I don't think they've proved that much yet. Shaun especially did what he has always done, he's never been a bad cricketer.

Blade23

Juniors

The England bowling unit apart from Anderson who has a respectable series average of 27 has been impotent.
Lets see how the March brothers go against South Africa or against India in India. Or better yet when we are 4/56 and under immense pressure.

Bazal

Post Whore
The England bowling unit apart from Anderson who has a respectable series average of 27 has been impotent.
Lets see how the March brothers go against South Africa or against India in India. Or better yet when we are 4/56 and under immense pressure.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. They've done very well against an opponent that had nothing, but lets not get carried away

Eelectrica

Referee
I think we all know the true test is against SA against their attack.

We don't have a whole lot of batsmen knocking down the door though. Bancroft was and hasn't quite lived up to the hype.

I guess we could petition the ICC to reduce the game to 7 a side so we don't have to try to find too many batsmen. Not sure how that will go.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol, patting the selectors on the back.

Last year they picked Renshaw, Hanscombe and Wade.

All 3 have been replaced.

They got lucky with MMarsh, lets see how he goes in the next year before we suck his sav.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Our selectors were due to get something right, they have been terrible for a long time

Eelectrica

Referee
Lol, patting the selectors on the back.

Last year they picked Renshaw, Hanscombe and Wade.

All 3 have been replaced.

They got lucky with MMarsh, lets see how he goes in the next year before we suck his sav.
I think Renshaw and probably Handscombe will eventually be back in the team and be better for it. Just got sort some issues out.
Same with Bancroft.

We're a team in rebuilding mode really, have been for a while. Just going to have to take the good with the bad.

Less said about Wade the better.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Former English allrounder Ian Botham has slammed Australia's batsmen as the worst he has seen in 40 years.

"I think this Australian batting line-up is the worst I have ever seen in modern times," Botham said.

"You have to go back to the late 70s with the Packer split to have seen a worse Australian line-up. I'm not that bothered (about them)."

Botham is such a clueless moron. But at least he is entertaining.

Latest posts