What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test Australia vs England @ Hobart 14-18 Jan 2022

Eelectrica

Referee
I still wasn't happy with Australia's batting performance but I over estimated England. I thought they had some shown some fight in the last 2 tests and were a red hot chance of winning after that start but they never fail to amuse with their abject performances in Australia. We even give them an English like pitch and they still get beaten comfortably.
Yes. A few of our batsmen had their head in the clouds with some of those shots. A better team wins beats us.
Hopefully those lessons are learned

Great series win, but room for improvement.

Yeah age might be an issue...I misread, I thought you meant returns to Test cricket at all haha.

But I also think there's nothing I've seen from any of the younger guys they've had on show that suggest they're any better so if he's still going around, why not?

I agree with you there. The cupboard is bare.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yes. A few of our batsmen had their head in the clouds with some of those shots. A better team wins beats us.
Hopefully those lessons are learned

Great series win, but room for improvement.

By the same token it's easy to make mistakes under good bowling pressure.

England bowled really well this Test. We've flogged them without major runs from our guns. That's scary for a lot of sides.

Imagine that attack on the back of Smith and Marnus hundreds?

Bazal

Post Whore
I respect his feelings on it but that was funny. Are Muslims allowed to sanitise wounds with alcohol?

I think the Qu'ran forbids "consumption of intoxicating liquor" or something like that.

Can use medical alcohol. Theoretically I think alcohol on the skin wouldn't be a problem, I just think for sportsmen/women it's an image thing right? Just avoid the look altogether is easier.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
David Warner, 0/10 2 ducks, a dropped catch, maybe we dropped the wrong opener
Usman Khawaja 1/10 Marcus Harris has trolled us
Marnus Labuschagne 6/10, bonus points for the most comical dismissal in years
Steve Smith 5/10 possibly balding
Travis Head 9/10 head full of hair
Cameron Green 8/10 long streak of deliciousness gets better each game
Alec Carey 5/10 didn't do anything wrong
Mitchell Starc 6/10 loves the pink
Patrick Cummins 8/10 love his pink
Nathan Lyon 5/10 bald man didn't bowl but hit some MAXIMUMS