What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70 on the cards, Well done Nathan Brown

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Against the Sharks, Tigers, Panthers and the knights. We created enough chances to score 70 points. Yet im not talking about every single break, im talking about chances we botched ourselves due to no pass, or bad pass or bad kick.

The amount of chances we are creating is unbelievable. We are devastating all over the park. Look at the Blokes that are causing havoc in the games this season, and the opposition, can not go out there and lock down 1 player who they think is danger.

Last Night Ben Hornby, Mark Gasnier, Mark Riddell, Blacklock should have scored 4 last night,

Hornby
Blacklock
Cooper
Gasnier
Reece early in the season

Timmos Running.

Heads Kicking game

Thommo

Kites Yards and Defence, and Proving hard to stop. Has made 4 line breaks this season.

Riddell.. Countless runs making a tonne of valuable runs.

Bailey.. Being Bailey

Ryles is back, and now they have Extra defenders needed to bring the big fella down, and he gets great offloads, More worry.

Sims.. See Ryles..

Withers, proving a masterstroke from Dummy half, creative, and plays his role very well.

Barrett when he is on the field, is obviously another one they try and watch.

They are Carving them up. We are NOT a one man band, and it's hard for other teams to stop us, Kinda like the dogs the last few years, without the turmoil.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I agree, Saints were their own worst enemy last night. I think The Scum can be thankful that the Dragons were only a 6.5 out of 10 proposition - it could have been a cricket score.

There were defensive lapses too, but the effort to hold them out near the death for what felt like a million tackles was tops - right in front of the baying Dragon Army too.

Cheers,
Ben S.

flip

Juniors
Simmonds - Needs more time/experience still, but can be very dangerous out of dummy half.

Anonymous

Juniors
Timmo was injured bringing the ball back out from the in-goal. Bit of a worry.

I agree that the lads botched a number of chances and could have been 60+ - lost balls, poor last pass options etc.
The good thing is that they finishing strong every week now (yes I know that could all unravel next weekend) and if they keep it up, its only a matter of time.

Godz Illa

Coach
We are not a one man team, but still, I'd like Barrett out there as soon as possible. Matt Head is a great player, but he has been taking some poor attacking options on the fourth and fifth tackles. I have no other criticism of Head - inside our own half his kicking game has been impeccable, his defence is solid and he is marshalling the troops superbly - but when we are on the attack he makes some poor choices. Choices that I think Barrett is better suited to handling.

Otherwise I have no complaints. The Dragons were marvellous. Ryles returned like a duck to water, offloading freely and sending opponents flailing. Gasnier was quite awesome.

Ribs

Bench
Id like to see Barrett back asap also. Our attack on Saturday night was great but I thought our attack against the Tigers was the best we've had this year. Cronulla didnt turn up around the ruck on Saturday and I think it made things too easy for us.

Against a great defensive side like the Rorters we struggled to ask enough questions in attack without Barrett.

Acka

Coach
Biglance said:
question on timmins injury from saturday nite

Well according to the official Dragons site Timmins has been named skipper for this week's game against the Eagles.

Latest posts