What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8 rounds left....we need....

legs 11

Juniors
6 wins to scrape into the 8......can't see that happening....tell me i'm wrong, but its looking as bad or worse than last year, on the table anyways....[bring back bluey and mark graham]

JJ

Immortal
To be better than we are

After the game RTS said something like, "we clocked off, we're better than that" - RTS is great, but how much evidence is needed to conclude we actually aren't better than that

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Think you are in about the same spot, good thing is signs of effort are there, just a lack of skill

Post match this weekend I've been surprised at how much "good effort, we were close, can't win in Perth" etc comments there have been, that is just accepting mediocrity

I've seen the Breakers travel to Perth and win high intensity, close championship games at 3am NZ time. Some of those guys are over 7 foot heading to Perth and don't use that as an excuse

Rich102

Staff member
Don't know if we are better or worse than last year.
What I do know is we are not just about there. Not close.
And nothing about the players we have signed so far makes me confident we will be any better next year.
Hope i am wrong.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not buying the Perth excuse anyway. We didn't fade in the back end, we actually finished the stronger team. We just got outplayed in the middle quarters.

Re the season it could go one of three ways. We dig in and scrape into the eight, we dig in and narrowly miss it, or we shit the bed post origin and slump to 13th/14th.
If it's one of the first two scenarios then I'm not going to hang it on Kearney of the players, but rather acknowledge that our recruitment has been off and we've been undone by our lack of forward power up front, and hopefully something can be done recruitment wise to fix it. If we shit the bed then heads can roll.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Don't know if we are better or worse than last year.
What I do know is we are not just about there. Not close.
And nothing about the players we have signed so far makes me confident we will be any better next year.
Hope i am wrong.

Agree, the lack of forward recruitment worries me. We need cattle up front, badly.

Rich102

Staff member
Add to that list an owner who has a clue about running a sporting franchise.

6 wins to scrape into the 8......can't see that happening....tell me i'm wrong, but its looking as bad or worse than last year, on the table anyways....[bring back bluey and mark graham]

Need some big wins in that 6 wins for our points differential not to be an issue.

Games to come:
Panthers (h)
Cows (a)
Sharks (h)
Knights (a)
Raiders (h)
Rabbits (a)
Manly (h)
Tigers (a)

6 wins is tough, Cows, Sharks and Manly would all have to be off to get them.
Panthers, Rabbits and Raiders tough ask on their day as well.
Knights and Tigers only confident, but still no certainty.

ozbash

Referee
Agree mate but the club as a whole has encompassed Bellamy ' s levels of greatness and set it as a standard... for everyone.

2nd best isn't an option and it's something we could learn from.

Blair

Coach
Agree mate but the club as a whole has encompassed Bellamy ' s levels of greatness and set it as a standard... for everyone.

2nd best isn't an option and it's something we could learn from.

Taking on his assistant should've been a good start.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think we're also st the point where we're starting to need other results to go out way. Standard fringes of the 8 stuff.

Latest posts