What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80's BRL photo archive

zulu

Juniors
Hi guys, I've just put together an archive of BRL photos from the 80's. Most are from scrapbooks I made up as a kid, so the quality isn't the best.

You can view them here.

http://au.msnusers.com/danyoman

zu.

ba.jpg
BIG DAZZA DUNCAN!!!

zulu

Juniors
Big Cam Cherry said:
Nice work Zulu I have a few as well, hope you don't mind if I add a few from collection. Maybe we all could

Great stuff big Cam thanks. The more the merrier I say.

Great shot of Van De Velde and a young Rossy Henrick playing for your mob.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Sensational stuff.

Love to find the time to add a few more.

My favourites

- Redcliffe lining up before the 1965 GF - my first. Never seen that photo before.
- Tommy giving Wally a facial
- Peter Gill scoring in the 1986 GF. Gave me the $100 double.

The ones I put in are scans of actual photos I came across. I know they were taken by the newspaper. Don't know who took the 65 one though.

I know where I can get hold of about 250 or maybe more photos of the BRL from the 80's. Just getting the time to scan them all is the thing

Big Tommy

Juniors
Great stuff and congratulations to both of you. I've just "wasted" a couple of hours of work time checking these pics out. Really enjoyable!

mud n blood

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I laughed at the gilly pic ....
I cried at the Normie pic ....
I reminisced at the Wynnum v Marlins stink pic ....

What classics ! :shock:

akdrob

Juniors
Great photos guys. Big Cam you wouldn't have a decent photo of Waverley Stanley in action for the fins. The local newspaper was chasing one for an article on him. Could you add that to the list if possible.

I got emailed a story on him that was in the Atherton paper and it had a photo of him playing for Redcliffe in it, but I'll look around and see if I have anything. I think the only ones of Waverley I would have would be in old League Weeks but I'll look anyway.

Anyone able to post any pictures of Corbett Park or Neumann Oval (before it was transformed into a cricket venue)? I'd like to see what the two grounds looked liked.

Big Tommy

Juniors
I couldn't look at an "old" photo of Corbett Park without crying. To make matters worse my mother-in-law currently lives in a town house on the dead ball line of the old number 2 oval (not the number 2 oval after it was realigned in the mid 80's to run parallel with number 1.)

Talk about rough justice.

Instead of my young son now seeing my field of dreams - has has to look at a brick jungle and try and understand when i tell him the best days of my boyhood were spent at that place.

People can call Purtell Park what they like and it certainly is sad to see it in the state it is in today - but I'd rather have an oval than none at all. The same applies to Neumann.

akdrob

Juniors
Thanks Big Cam. The story you got included a picture that Waverley has of himself playing his 100th game for the fins. It was presented to him after the game as a momento. My mate at the newspaper wanted some other photos to use in articles during the year. Someone up here is looking after you. Did the email come from Atherton?

How is Wharto going with his planning for next season?

iggy plop

First Grade
What's with the Wally Lewis fixation in those pictures?

Good shots though. Should be more of Des Morris.

zulu

Juniors
Great Zulu Photo Big Cam. Where did you get that one from?

That looks like around 1978 or 79.

Magic!!

p.s I'll try and dig out a Cam Cherry shot. At least his brother is up there.

a5.jpg

mud n blood

Juniors
I've got about 50 great colour shots from 1984 and 1985 to go shortly. I'll try to be fair to all clubs. I've already put a few up. How many more can we fit ? Heaps I hope ... :D

zulu

Juniors
I had to delete a few to get some newbies up there.

There's a stack i'd like to put up.

c0.jpg

Latest posts