What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bit confused about the side

jirskyr

Juniors
I'm a bit confused about our side now. The team Sheensie fielded last night was almost exactly the same as previous weeks. But we had infinitely more consistency, strength and passion.

Last night showed the Tigers from months past, getting stuck right in and playing effective footy.

The question is where did that Tigers side go before yesterday, and how do we stop it happening again?

Whatever you did differently last week Sheensie, keep doing it!

innsaneink

Referee
I heard Nathan Brown whinging that all teams were told that they were allowed to hold down longer, and Saints didnt hear till Thurs....I thought it was a gee-up...still havent seen nothing official.
I think we grabbed that opportunity last nite....as did melb too...but it helped us a lot.

tigermite

Juniors
innsaneink said:
I heard Nathan Brown whinging that all teams were told that they were allowed to hold down longer, and Saints didnt hear till Thurs....I thought it was a gee-up...still havent seen nothing official.
I think we grabbed that opportunity last nite....as did melb too...but it helped us a lot.
On the footy show, they were saying something like they had changed the interpretation of the dominant tackle to include it being classed as dominant if the attacking player basically submits to the tackle to have a quick play the ball. So they can now hold them down for a bit longer if they submitted to the tackle so they don't get the roll on like they have been getting in the past.

That's how I understood it anyway...

Wrighty79

Juniors
We also only made 6 errors and gave away less penalties than the opposition. These factors (and Wilson was in the centres not #6) contributed greatly.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I think the one simple difference was our discipline. It was far better, Penalties were down, Errors were down and with that we gave ourselves a chance to compete for the first time in over a month. I've been saying all along we're better side than what we've showed of late and Saturday night proves that once more.

McGrime

Juniors
Yeh guys the possession makes all the difference, 50% or more and we will win most of our games. :clap:

Latest posts