What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Good Read In Parts

MKEB...

Staff member
Mixmasterreece said:
Being a Wellingtonian it would be rude not to dont you think ?

Never missed a warriors game or test in Welly or christchurch yet.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The rest of NZ isn't much better than Auckland when it comes to crowd loyalty, look what happenned to the Warriors crowds in Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch, and they only got one game per year.

EJS

Juniors
Martli said:
I have to say wellington crowds are pretty loyal and pretty good too :D

ahh, there in lies the real issue - what makes the Wellington crowds loyal, and what do the warriors do to dis-illusion their loyal fans so that they don't turn out on the cold, wet and windy days...

Aside from the fact in Wgtn its Onion (and so rugby heads galore) what does it have ?

Martli

Coach
EJS said:
ahh, there in lies the real issue - what makes the Wellington crowds loyal, and what do the warriors do to dis-illusion their loyal fans so that they don't turn out on the cold, wet and windy days...

Aside from the fact in Wgtn its Onion (and so rugby heads galore) what does it have ?

Honestly mate, couldn't tell ya. But the atmosphere at wellington union games are f**king good, maybe that is why the fans keep coming back. Having nver been to a league game in auckland (or anywhere for that matter :p) I have no idea why the warriors aren't drawing the crowds. I guess it's just a rugby league thing we just don't like it as much over here...

Although location is a big one. The stadium is in a very central location, right next to the train station. Access is pretty basic you just need to get a bus or a train in and you're right on the door step - a huge improvement from the long treks out to newtown for a game at Athletic park.

ozbash

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
The rest of NZ isn't much better than Auckland when it comes to crowd loyalty, look what happenned to the Warriors crowds in Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch, and they only got one game per year.

to be fair spacey they wernt warriors home games.

going off the top of my head :roll: , the warriors got a sellout (20k ? ) in Invercargill a couple of years ago for a trial, 18-19 k at waikato stadium a couple of years back for a trial v the dragons and avg 5 k at nth harbour stadium for 2 trials that i recently remember v the sharks and the dev squad.

the support outside of auckland is there.

Daniel Anderson

Juniors
The support is out there, when i took the team to Welly is was a great buzz. Except when i had to drag Jones in the final 20 against the Dogs. Not a team player

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
ozbash said:
to be fair spacey they wernt warriors home games.

going off the top of my head :roll: , the warriors got a sellout (20k ? ) in Invercargill a couple of years ago for a trial, 18-19 k at waikato stadium a couple of years back for a trial v the dragons and avg 5 k at nth harbour stadium for 2 trials that i recently remember v the sharks and the dev squad.

the support outside of auckland is there.

So what?

JoeD

First Grade
The support in both Wellington and Hamilton dried up signifigently if i remember correctly

ozbash

Referee
for dogs and eels.

be interesting to see where the pre seasons are next season. auckland should miss out.

you,re getting very parochial young rutchie :lol:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Hey, whaaaaat?

It read to me like Oz was saying that poor crowds in other centres in New Zealand could be excused because they weren't Warriors home games.

I'm off to salute the Sky Tower.

Gurdy

Juniors
Bring a Pre Season game to the Coast. Wont (Can't) get 20,000 to the game but you would get a huge percentage of the population. Hell we'd even go for a training session if we couldn't get a game down here. But good on NZRL for bringing the kiwis to us. :D

Latest posts