What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Hero Is Coming....

griffo346

First Grade
Freddy's been signed to coach after the Elliot era.

That be tops Dave if it was to be true TBH but i would prefer john Cartwright

as everyone else thinks it could be a let down i reckon there could be a positive thing maybe Girds out of retirement :lol:

TBH i don't really know but i personally think if it was not league related that they wouldn't advertise it on PI

murraymob

Coach
The hero is coming refers to a new mascot that will be launched.Its no secret Fibro has been missing the last few days.Negotiations have just finished.
Not being part of the salary cap meant the club could sign fibro for a pie a few beers and a key to the queen of the nile machine at the paceway

mightypanther

Juniors
The hero is coming refers to a new mascot that will be launched.Its no secret Fibro has been missing the last few days.Negotiations have just finished.
Not being part of the salary cap meant the club could sign fibro for a pie a few beers and a key to the queen of the nile machine at the paceway

Ahh some passion back in our mascot again....it's about time :clap::clap::lol:

mightypanther

Juniors
Well, so far Andrew Farrell has said it's not a player signing, and it has nothing to do with the world cup.

Hmmm.......very interesting.

choc_soldier

Coach
Andrew Farrell has stated in that thread on PI that it is something that some fans have requested. It's not a player signing. I thought it was perhaps something to do with the World Cup too (Heroes 08, matches at CUA Stadium), but that's not the case either.

Either way, I'll be checking at midday tomorrow to see what it is.

I have a feeling that it won't be worth the hype that has been generated.

murraymob

Coach
could be the double gates at the southern end of the ground being open at the end of the game.Actually that would need somebody in management making a decision silly me for thinking that could happen

maple_69

Bench
Maybe Gower will open the Southern Gates for us? I'd buy him a beer for that. Every game like a schmuck I go out of my way to check they're open and end up doubling back around and getting stuck in the crowds.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I got off my arse and rang Council about it. They claim they won't allow the gates to be opened as it is something to do with some traffic management plan they have. Their arguement was it places too many people right at the kerbside with no actual means of them "safely" crossing the road. Go figure!

Caged Panther

First Grade
I got off my arse and rang Council about it. They claim they won't allow the gates to be opened as it is something to do with some traffic management plan they have. Their arguement was it places too many people right at the kerbside with no actual means of them "safely" crossing the road. Go figure!

The council clearly have no idea when it comes to the mangement of the stadium. The club also wanted to turn some of the space behind the western grand stand into disabled car parking spots when the stadium was redeveloped. They were told in no uncertain terms that the space had to remain as it was despite the fact no one uses it for anything and it turns into a mud pool when it rains.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Not too much that can be done in that case. Panthers pay the council rent on the stadium so I suppose in the end it's the council's doing and not Panthers.

Latest posts