What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11/12 :: Round 13 (Weekend)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
hal2012-round13.jpg

All times AEDST

All games live on FOX Sports 1HD / 1

Timmah

Staff member
I can just see us rooting it this Saturday. NYE is traditionally a turning point for our season... although it's a bit earlier in the season this year so shall be interesting.

United looked good against Roar the other day, although with the Roar's form as it is, it's tricky to gauge.

At least fans will be able to get into Bluetongue on Saturday :sarcasm:

Tanner Ave

Juniors
Hey Guys.

Kinda a game day question but more about the fans than the actual game.

I was at the Sydney game last night, and well was absolutely shattered by the result. But I was more interested about what the club can do to make the game day experience more enjoyable for the fans?

There just didn't seem any effort from the club to engage with the fan, are other A league games at different venues the same? What can clubs do to make it more of an experience?

Very interested in some thoughts.

Timmah

Staff member
TBH, it seems to me it really depends on local media and their partnerships with clubs.

It's always been quite well done on the Central Coast, whichever radio station has the agreement generally hosts the pre-match stuff - they get the mascots going around embracing the kids, just before the players finish warm-up they're made to kick signed balls into the crowd... in past years there's been "lucky row" and "kiss on screen" promotions - just general engagement stuff that generates some atmosphere.

For some clubs, they must just leave it up to the home end support and think that's good enough. Not sure.

Tanner Ave

Juniors
Thanks Timmah,

It was a massive change form league games. I go to a lot of both and find that league at least try to engage the fan. The only interaction I got at the Sydney game was if I wanted to sign up to membership.
The Cove are brilliant though, they should employ them to generate atmosphere!

Maybe Sydney base their game day stuff around europe and their style? Unfortunately our product isnt quite as good as theirs. I think we really need to lift. We had the biggest crowd of the year and produced the worst result! I dont even remember them letting the crowd know when the next game was!

Big one for you guys today! get your selves a nice little cushion on top there!

Mong

Post Whore
I don't take a lot of notice at Roar games usually, doesn't mean it doesn't happen though. Will keep a look out tonight and see if they do anything.

The general promotion of games here is poor that's for certain.

roboshark

Coach
nothing happens at the jets games apart from small sided games with the local kids..occassionally a penalty shoot out for cash but nothing else

halftime entertainment in most sports has become pretty irreleevant it seems

as for todays game.....f**k, even the squadran couldnt be bothered today. deadset rabble we have become and i blame the coach. I will keep gping to every game but geezus they are making my eyes hurt with their standard

Mong

Post Whore
I am still pretty sure that the Roar dont put on anything normally to connect with the crowd and after tonights effort i hope they never do again.

The band when they finally got to play were f**king terrible and the fire works were as lame as they get.

Fortunately the right result on the pitch tonight after an early set back with another silly error.

Bit under 15K there as well which was good to see

Last edited:

Tanner Ave

Juniors
thanks for all the in put.

I guess we have to grin and bear it!

lets hope the crowds stay strong.

Timmah

Staff member
Brilliant to see a touch under 15k at Bluetongue last night. The side deserves those crowds every week.

We go into the new year 4 ahead of Heart and 5 ahead of Roar (the latter of which we have a game in hand on). Pretty happy with that despite no goals last night.

Latest posts