What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11/12 :: Round 16

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
hal2012-round16.jpg

All times AEDST, all games live FOX Sports

Timmah

Staff member
I reckon the Phoenix might beat the Jets :sarcasm:

roboshark

Coach
year over

deadset this team are the most useless bunch of pharkwits ever to step on to our ground

and it all starts with the worst excuse for a manager I have seen in any division of football...and I have been around football for 35 years

no wonder they were booed off...and i was one of the them booing

peahearts

Mr2046

Juniors
I am fired up for Sunday and ready to rip into the Goldies. But I fear we'll be walking away from the match having only managed to get 1 point. Calling a 1-1 draw for this one.

And I'd be very appreciative if the Mariners could keep a clean sheet and have a decent win it will be good for my fantasy team.

Brisbane can die in a hole.

Timmah

Staff member
year over

deadset this team are the most useless bunch of pharkwits ever to step on to our ground

and it all starts with the worst excuse for a manager I have seen in any division of football...and I have been around football for 35 years

no wonder they were booed off...and i was one of the them booing

peahearts

You mean the bloke who won you a championship?

newcastle-jets-grand-final.jpg

Like in Rugby League, the fans & media need to start blaming the SHIT PLAYERS for the problems, not the coach. His credentials are proven, it's not his fault if the Jets players get out there and f**k it up.

Didnt they re-sign Kennedy????

You know your going bad when you wanna keep him

I believe while Kennedy did re-sign, they also picked up for Adelaide stopper Birghitti (sp?) as well.

I'd like to think Birghitti would get first chance.

roboshark

Coach
ah yeah, the championship...the disclaimer for all things GVE

The players back then could coach themselves, the league overall was weaker than now. His ego has gotten way out of control and his man manegement skills are laughable

but but but we won a championship under him

Mr2046

Juniors
What else is there to do on a Friday night in Gosford? I am struggling to think of even one alternative.

roboshark

Coach
well if you were watching at gosford on friday night then you would be disappointed with the crowd...the game is on tonight, saturday

Mr2046

Juniors
Just change the Friday to Saturday, my point still stands.

Although why I thought it was Friday today I do not know. Losing my mind.

Timmah

Staff member
Terrible weather all day, an uninspiring opponent. Crowd ended up 7.5k from memory. First time we've been under 10k in quite a while. Given crowd averages in recent seasons, I'm not unhappy with that. Our next home game against Brisbane should draw a few fans back in.

f**king brilliant comeback though, eh? 11 clear at the top :cool:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how long the Mariners are going to be able to hang onto Matt Ryan. He really looks a class act.

Mr2046

Juniors
Scrappy wins, crappy wins, I'll take 'em all. Such a disappointment that only 8.5k turned up on what really was a beautiful day in Sydney.

Nice to get a bit of momentum rolling into the big game on Thursday, come on Sydney!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
RE: the booing of the Jets from supposed "fans" on Friday night. They should all hang their heads in shame. The performance was uninspiring, agreed, but booing a team off the park isn't what being a fan of a sporting team is about. You support them whether they're being shit, or winning championships. I guarantee the same people who were booing the team will start cheering them when they start winning games again. Fickle merkins.

Mong

Post Whore
I can understand booing if the fans think that the players are not putting in the effort. Infact i think they would have every right to boo in that instance particularly if it is a common theme.

roboshark

Coach
RE: the booing of the Jets from supposed "fans" on Friday night. They should all hang their heads in shame. The performance was uninspiring, agreed, but booing a team off the park isn't what being a fan of a sporting team is about. You support them whether they're being shit, or winning championships. I guarantee the same people who were booing the team will start cheering them when they start winning games again. Fickle merkins.

i can guarantee you I am not a fickle merkin..i booed

i have supported this game in this town since the kb united days, and trust me when I say i have experienced some low times as a fan..as well as pumping thousands of dollars into same . I have sat in pouring rain, storms etc at games with 2k other people over the years..the 'real' fans

I dont want a medal, but if i want to boo i will...the same as I will cheer when they do something great, as I have done for 3 decades

Last edited: