What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 23

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Weather gods frowning upon Gosford again :lol:

Not as much of an issue for the Mariners this week though - presales are already money in the bank.

john13

Juniors
Who are you tipping to win (or draw if you think it's going to be a draw) tonight's top of the table clash between Central Coast Mariners v Western Sydney Wanderers at Bluetongue Stadium

My Tip is Central Coast Mariners by 1 goal

Frederick

Staff member
Were there even any mariners fans at the game tonight? Looked and sounded like all wanderers fans to me

Big Sam

First Grade
How have Wanderers built a following so quickly? That away fans section was very impressive.

They had the best community engagement of all the expansion clubs. The FFA listened to what the fans wanted and followed it. They've also got probably the best active supporter group in the A-League which in turn has attracted new supporters. An 8-game winning streak helps too ;-)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Good on WSW. It's refreshing to see a new team engage their community, build a competitive team, and actually succeed. Future A-League expansion clubs should follow their example.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

18,721, and there were clearly more Mariners fans than Wanderers.

No doubt they turned up en masse and have a bigger active support, but to be critical of a crowd where the ground was 93% full in POURING rain is pissweak. Try something else.

Misanthrope

Staff member

Not what I've heard at all. A lot of people over at 442 were saying the exact opposite :lol:

nöyd

Staff member
:lol:

No doubt they turned up en masse and have a bigger active support, but to be critical of a crowd where the ground was 93% full in POURING rain is pissweak. Try something else.

well, regardless you got beat, so the real test now is how many will come back on a sunday afternoon in balmy 27 degree weather, i doubt you'd get 8,000

Big Sam

First Grade
Not what I've heard at all. A lot of people over at 442 were saying the exact opposite :lol:

The only thing you could hear on TV were the WSW chants. Although that's not necessarily an indication of who had more because CCM's main supporter group (The Marinators?) are normally quiet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Of course.

Because I wasn't there at all.

And there's only one side of a stadium, right?
well, regardless you got beat, so the real test now is how many will come back on a sunday afternoon in balmy 27 degree weather, i doubt you'd get 8,000
We got beat? Thanks scoop.

It will be a test. I'm not expecting a big crowd, our rivalry with Brisbane has fallen away since last season.
The only thing you could hear on TV were the WSW chants. Although that's not necessarily an indication of who had more because CCM's main supporter group (The Marinators?) are normally quiet.
Just watched it back, heard Yellow Army chants on several occasions.

We were never going to dominate in the stands - but given our normal turnout, the Yellow Army swelled in number last night compared to a normal home game.

Now, cue the predictable same crap...

Big Sam

First Grade
If Newcastle beat Victory they'll be just 3 points off 3rd. How the hell did that happen? The gap between 4th and 5th was massive the last time I looked.

Mong

Post Whore
And now the roar are in the 6..

Unbelievable they are any where near it..

Has been an interesting season..

Jobdog

Live Update Team
If Newcastle beat Victory they'll be just 3 points off 3rd. How the hell did that happen? The gap between 4th and 5th was massive the last time I looked.
That won't be happening. We don't deserve a home semi after our inconsistent season. 3-0 at halftime.

Latest posts