What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player you thought was a diamond but ended up a rock

God-King Dean

Immortal
tim-tebow-tebowing.jpg

--Storm--

Juniors
Joel Edwards knows he's shit, hence he keeps hopping to the club he classes as shit, still can't get a run.

nick87

Coach
Ugh, so many
Zillman was as good as any junior ive seen come through (Milford excl.), the injuries to his knee really ripped away what i think could have been a Slater like career.

Daniel Vidot could have been the best winger in the game if he wasnt such a god damn f**king idiot. He had it all physically. And none of it mentally.

beave

Coach
The 'Welsh Wiz' (more like Welsh Fiz) Johnathan Davies.

Rocked up 1/3 way through the 1995 season with a massive reputation, scored one decent try against newy in newy from a scrum play. That was pretty much it.

Gave the club a huge spray at the airport on the way back to Pomgolia at how shit we wer as a club and that he felt lied to as our management said we would be a top 8 team in our inaugral year......... Yes we came stone motherless last.

Probably valid criticisms really..........

butchmcdick

Immortal
The 'Welsh Wiz' (more like Welsh Fiz) Johnathan Davies.

Rocked up 1/3 way through the 1995 season with a massive reputation, scored one decent try against newy in newy from a scrum play. That was pretty much it.

Gave the club a huge spray at the airport on the way back to Pomgolia at how shit we wer as a club and that he felt lied to as our management said we would be a top 8 team in our inaugral year......... Yes we came stone motherless last.

Probably valid criticisms really..........

Hey with a squad like this how did we not finish top 8 or 5

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_North_Queensland_Cowboys_season#Squad

beave

Coach
It's those dark years that make 2015 all that more special I guess mate.

The only thing that kept the club alive during the late 90's was the fans/crowds we were getting. Sure as hell had nothing to do with players achievements on the field during that period. It's a f$&@ing miracle we survived it to be brutally honest.

butchmcdick

Immortal
It's those dark years that make 2015 all that more special I guess mate.

The only thing that kept the club alive during the late 90's was the fans/crowds we were getting. Sure as hell had nothing to do with players achievements on the field during that period. It's a f$&@ing miracle we survived it to be brutally honest.

Started from the bottom now we here

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
From the Warriors camp:

Obvious one is Kevin Locke.

Daniel O'Regan
Alehana Mara

To a lesser extent Pita Godinet, Tevita Latu

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Someone like edwards is punching above his weight in talent. He can do a job but isnt that great. I thought we got ok service from him at Canberra. We just got better players.

He is a fill in backrower, a squad filler. Dont think he was ever going to be more than that.

Zillman and vidot are two from canberra. Waddell i had hope for but players in skill position like half or hooker have such a giant step up from under 20s to firsts that i dont really expect much from young players in those spots

Glen

Bench
Daniel Mortimer. Obviously Hayne was carrying the Eels that year with the help of others like Fui, but Mortimer came up with some great plays riding that wave of confidence. Definitely got sucked in to his hype.

Tim Smith has been mentioned but after his 2005 season it was pretty reasonable to expect him to kick on

DiegoNT

First Grade
Was praised so highly after that big run at Origin.

I thought he was ok at Penrith but never really kicked on since Origin.
He wasn't to bad at Souths last year, and from the brief glimpses I've seen of the Tigers games thia year he has been alright.