What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player you thought was a diamond but ended up a rock

Iafeta

Referee
One of my mates is a Sharkies tragic. The talking up of Nick Youngquest, Shaun Wessel and Don Tweedle caused many hours of laughing... At his expense.

Iafeta

Referee
Kiwi hookers come to mind - Masada Iosefa, Alehana Mara, Nafe Seluini. I know I've mentioned the last two before, but you've got a handy devils trifecta there.

I don't know what happened to him, but there was a lad called Josh Davis who went to Parra. He was a centre from Wellington.

The talk on Epalahame Lauaki was huge.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Haha yeah that Jersey Flegg grand final he just tore up on TV about 10 years ago.

Did he ever play a first-grade game?

Hard to believe he didn't.
Nope, never played a first grade game.

Geez there must be hundreds of "could've beens" since the start of the century alone that tore it up in the lower grades but never even saw first grade.

I suppose we forget that even playing 100 FG games is a monumental achievement and probably puts you in the top 1% of all blokes to play at NRL level.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Kiwi hookers come to mind - Masada Iosefa, Alehana Mara, Nafe Seluini. I know I've mentioned the last two before, but you've got a handy devils trifecta there.

I don't know what happened to him, but there was a lad called Josh Davis who went to Parra. He was a centre from Wellington.

Add Terence Seu Seu to that list as well

Massive talk up around that kid. Went totally to shit

Iafeta

Referee
Greg Waddell

There's your winner. The talk was huge.

Karlos Filinga I'm sure has been mentioned.
Harry Sjieka. Gun young half, followed Matt Elliott as a devoted disciple to the Warriors, is now a fringe reggie with Mounties.
Adam Clydesdale. I know it's still early in his career but listening to some he was the next Danny Buderus. Now playing reggies with Mounties.
Russell Packer. Hasn't been any good since I reckon 2012. Never seen a more dominant NYC prop.

skeepe

Immortal

Matt McIlwrick is another Kiwi hooker that never kicked on.

But this thread was made for guys like Royston Lightning. If he could have just stayed away from Maccas... what might have been.

thorson1987

Coach
Matt McIlwrick is another Kiwi hooker that never kicked on.

But this thread was made for guys like Royston Lightning. If he could have just stayed away from Maccas... what might have been.

f**k i remember watching him play commonwealth bank cup.

Ran amok.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I thought Daniel Sullivan was going to be a superstar playing lower grades for Parramatta. Think he did his knee then got a staph infection and never kicked on.

mozza91

Coach
Joel Romelo, to be fair I don't think he ended up a rock. Definitely smoked a few though.

Edwahu

Bench
Travis Waddell. He was arguably the best player in the Raiders NYC team that won the grand final but was rubbish in first grade.

Hooker seems like a pretty difficult position for gun juniors to move up to the next level.

Usain Bolt

Bench
What about a team of rocks that turned in diamonds in 2005. Seriously, how did this team win a title:lol:

image_8.jpeg

Latest posts