What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question

dazza

Staff member
me & my family are moving to brisbane from nz, (i know, another damn kiwi), but hey, we loved the place so much on our holiday, we decided to move. my question is, can you tell me what queensland cup team or teams are in or near the shailer park, loganholme or loganlea area, & is there any clubs for my son to play at as well. he is 4 & keen as to start playing. any help would be much appreciated.

cherrs dazza

dizi

Juniors
There would be a heap of good junior teams for your son to play for, but the closest Q Cup clubs would be Souths-Logan and Ipswich.

gullsfan

Juniors
Not from that area but I'm pretty sure you've got Springwood (Tigers?), Logan Brothers, Beenleigh (Bulls?), Browns Plains and I think Logan Scorpians still run juniors while Sunnybank Magpies aren't that far away. Possibly a Rochedale club and a Saint someones (Josephs?) down that way as well, but don't quote me on those 2, I'm sure someone here will correct me.
You're moving to an area with a large "young family" make-up, hence it is probably one of the heathiest junior league areas in the state.

stormboy

Juniors
Don't forget Junior clubs don't play out of Meakin anymore which would have been your best bet by far

gullsfan

Juniors
Q-cup clubs from Shailer Park-
25-30 minutes to Kougari Oval (Wynnum)
20-25 minutes to Langlands (Easts)
25-30 minutes and a bridge toll to Bishop (Norths)
25-30 minutes to Davies (Souths-Logan)
See a pattern forming here? Up until 2 years ago you had Logan Scorpians playing out of Logan Central (Woodridge). You could have walked.

mud n blood

Juniors
Being a kiwi, your young fella will fit right in to Logan Brothers. Plenty of kiwis and islanders, and strong teams and coaching in every age group.

dazza

Staff member
thanks for all your replys. we are moving there either the middle of this year or early next year, so my boy would be nearly 5 then. kids can start playing at 4 here, i assume it would be the same there too? logan brothers sounds like the best bet to me. do you know if any of these clubs have websites or any info on the net?

cheers dazza

mud n blood

Juniors
see - they're hasbeens by the time they reach U/8s ..... :lol:

Logan Brothers used to have a website. Just do the usual searches. We need a page of links to everything RL in Qld and NZ, me thinx..... :?

rugged

Juniors
one of the boys from my son's under 16 rugby league team started league when he was 4 (in under 7). don't know if the rules have changed now.

Tigertread

Juniors
rugged said:
one of the boys from my son's under 16 rugby league team started league when he was 4 (in under 7). don't know if the rules have changed now.
This will be the third year that the rule has been in up here.

dazza

Staff member
you`re kidding me. 5 going on 6 in the same year before they can start playing!? so that means he would have to wait for another year after his 5th birthday, because he was born in january? weird if you ask me. but if thats the rules then he`ll have to wait i guess. but anyway, thanks for all your help. it`s been great.

cheers dazza

chileman

Coach
gullsfan said:
Not from that area but I'm pretty sure you've got Springwood (Tigers?), Logan Brothers, Beenleigh (Bulls?), Browns Plains and I think Logan Scorpians still run juniors while Sunnybank Magpies aren't that far away. Possibly a Rochedale club and a Saint someones (Josephs?) down that way as well, but don't quote me on those 2, I'm sure someone here will correct me.
You're moving to an area with a large "young family" make-up, hence it is probably one of the heathiest junior league areas in the state.
St Brendans I think is another club in the area but mud and blood is right with the Logan Brothers on Wembly road there....they have heaps of kiwis and islanders that play for them!

Latest posts